Mending a Broken Heart

Ah, Saturday. The big day that Lucy had been waiting two gruelling weeks for had finally arrived: Rocky would be coming home today. All throughout the morning she has been waiting patiently for any indication that her beloved had returned. A phone call? A text message? Perhaps a visit?

Then she remembered that he said he and his family should be returning to Royal Woods in the afternoon. So at 2:55 pm, Lucy was sitting on her bed patiently waiting for Rocky.

She sees her bedroom door slightly creak open and her eyes light up underneath her bangs. Unfortunately, it was not Rocky; it was Clyde. Lucy tried to hide her disappointment and greeted him.

"Hello Clyde," Lucy greets.

"Hey Lucy, how you doing today?" Clyde wonders.

"Rocky's coming home today," Lucy replies.

Clyde's eyes widen in surprise and he beams, "Wow, is he really?"

Lucy goes to her nightstand and retrieves her gifts from the drawer. She sets them on her nightstand.

"I'm glad that both Rusty and Rocky are coming home today. It'll be nice to see them again after these two weeks," Clyde comments.

While that was going on, Lincoln was grabbing a snack from the kitchen when he hears the doorbell ring. He steps out of the kitchen and goes to answer it. Much to his happiness, it was Rocky; who was holding two red roses in his right hand.

"Hey, welcome back," Lincoln greeted with a smile.

"Hi Lincoln," Rocky replies.

"Where's Rusty?" Lincoln wonders.

"He's at home unpacking," Rocky explained, "I asked my dad to drop me off because I just had to see Lucy right away."

Rocky showed Lincoln the two roses in his hand, "I even stopped to get these for her on our way home from the airport. She technically prefers dead roses but I had to improvise."

Lincoln gives a small smirk, "She'd love those. She's upstairs if you wanna see her."

Rocky smiles and his eyelids droop as he makes his way upstairs to see his beloved vampire. Lincoln realizes he failed to let him know that Clyde was also in there with her. But he figured that detail wasn't entirely important, so he just shrugged it off.

As Rocky stood in front of Lucy's bedroom door and was about to knock on it, he was able to hear voices coming from inside the room. He pressed his ear against it and listened intently to what the voices were saying.

Rocky immediately recognizes Lucy's voice, "Oh Clyde, I can't possibly thank you enough for being here for me during these two weeks," Lucy sighs.

Clyde?

Rocky was confused about what Clyde was doing there. More importantly, what exactly did Lucy mean when she said he was "there for her"? He continued to listen.

"Of course Lucy. It was my pleasure spending time with you. After all, you needed me," Clyde replied.

She "needed" you?!

Now Rocky went from confused to suspicious in a manner of seconds. He grabbed the doorknob and swung the door open.

What Rocky saw and what happened next as a result of what he saw was enough to bring reality to a screeching halt. Lucy and Clyde were hugging each other, and unlike last time, Clyde also held Lucy in his arms just as she was holding him. While that was happening, Rocky stood in the doorway and lightly gasped at what he sees.