Clyde Takes Lucy to the Mall

The following day, which was Thursday, Lincoln sat on the couch waiting patiently for Clyde to come over. Just a few hours prior, while they were still in school, Lincoln had asked Clyde to come over to his house after school. Of course, Clyde had to let his dads know that he would be going to Lincoln's, which is what he was doing now.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rings. When Lincoln answers the door, it turns out to be Clyde.

"Hey Lincoln, what's up," Clyde greeted.

"Come inside," Lincoln instructed.

Clyde did what he was told and stepped inside the house. After he closed the front door, Lincoln lead Clyde to the couch.

"Can you do me a favor?" Lincoln wonders as the two of them sit down.

"Sure. What do you need?" Clyde says.

"Ok, you know how Rusty and Rocky are in Florida right?" Lincoln asks.

"Yeah, to visit their grandmother," Clyde answers.

Oh boy, how to I put this? "See, ever since they left, Lucy's been depressed because Rocky is gone. She misses him. So...um...can you 'bond' with her?" Lincoln says.

Clyde raises an eyebrow and scratches his head, "You want me to bond with her? But, why? I mean, why me specifically?" He wonders.

"It was actually Leni of all people who suggested it," Lincoln explains, "The more I thought about it, the more I realize that this actually isn't a bad idea. Family time isn't working and she doesn't socialize with her own friends, so I think that you're the next best thing."

Lincoln places a hand on Clyde's shoulder and makes pleading eyes, "We really want her to get back on her feet again. Please Clyde, she's lonely and she needs a friend right now," Lincoln begs.

At first, Clyde was a little uncertain about the idea of spending time with Lucy. However, once Lincoln thoroughly explained the situation, he just couldn't say no.

Clyde looked over at Lincoln and smiled, "You know what? I'll do it," Clyde says triumphantly.

"Oh thank you Clyde. This really means a lot," Lincoln sighed.

Clyde pauses for a moment, "So...what do you suggest we do?" He wonders.

"How about you take her to the mall?" Lincoln suggests.

"Hmm, that's a good idea," Clyde comments.

Lincoln turns his head towards the stairs, "Lucy? Can you come down here for a minute?" Lincoln calls out.

There's silence for a few seconds until there's a soft pitter patter of small feet coming down the stairs. They belong to Lucy, who's almost all the way down the stairs. They belong to Lucy, who's almost all the way down the stairs. The two boys get up from the couch and eagerly await the young goth to enter the living room.

Once she enters the living room, she looks over at Lincoln, "You called?" Lucy mumbled.

"Hi Lucy," Clyde greeted.

Lucy looked at Clyde but didn't answer him. She simply just gives a nonchalant wave.

"Listen, sis, I think I know a way for you to get your mind off of Rocky," Lincoln says. Lucy is still silent.

"How about going to the mall with me?" Clyde wonders, "It might be fun to hang out with you."

While Lincoln and Clyde eagerly smiled at Lucy, she quietly pondered why on earth Clyde would want to hang out with her.