Talking Over Frozen Yogurt

A little while later, the two of them make it to the food court.

"Is there anything special you want?" Clyde asks.

"Um...probably just a vanilla fro-yo," Lucy whispers.

"Any toppings?" Clyde wonders.

"Just chocolate sauce," Lucy replies.

"Ok then. I'll get us some and you find a table," Clyde instructed.

"Alright," Lucy answers.

While Clyde heads to the fro-yo place, Lucy walks around the food court and looks around for a table they could sit at. She wanted to find a place that didn't have a ton of people surrounding it. When she finally finds a table she thinks will suit them, she sits down. Luckily, it was just a few feet away from the fro-yo place.

A few minutes later, Clyde has gotten a vanilla fro-yo with chocolate sauce for Lucy and a vanilla fro-yo with strawberry and caramel sauce for himself. After exiting the fro-yo place with his and Lucy's desserts in each hand, Clyde was able to spot Lucy right away and approaches her.

"Here you go," Clyde says as he slid Lucy's fro-yo towards her.

"Thank you," Lucy thanks him.

Once Clyde sat down with his own fro-yo in front of him, his phone rings and vibrates for the second time, with the first time occuring while in the store.

"Hold on," He tells Lucy.

Clyde removes his phone from his pocket, "Hello?" He answers.

"Hi dads. Sorry I didn't answer, I was getting me and Lucy some fro-yo. Frozen yogurt. Don't worry, I will not get a brain freeze. Yes, I know that if I do, I should not hit my forehead..."

While Clyde still had his phone next to his ear, he looked at Lucy and pointed to his phone while making the crazy gesture. Lucy gave a tiny grin as a result.

"It only cost $8.50. Because I got Lucy one too. Ok, I promise I'll answer next time you call. I love you too. Bye," Clyde finally hangs up.

He turns to Lucy, "Sorry about that," Clyde apologizes.

"It's fine," Lucy answers.

"Ok, so I wanted to tell you that I've been thinking about something that Dr. Lopez taught me. She says that talking to someone about any problems you have can really help," Clyde began.

"With that said, why don't you talk to me about Rocky. It'll help you not to miss him so much. Trust me, Dr. Lopez knows what she's talking about," Clyde suggested as he started eating some of his fro-yo.

"What specifically do you want to know?" Lucy wonders.

"I dunno. Your backstory? How he makes you feel? That kind of stuff," Clyde shrugs.

"Let's see," Lucy began, "For starters, when I first laid eyes on him, I was blown away by how cute he was. I tried to socialize with him, namely showing him my fake blood, but unfortunately that didn't go so well."

Lucy paused for a moment to take a couple bites of her fro-yo. After a few seconds of indulging in her frozen treat, she decides to continue.

"Lincoln told me that Rocky's regular and normal. I took that to mean that I had to change my appearance and behavior in order for him to like me, which my sisters were all too eager to do. Lori decided to take the two of us on a double date with her and Bobby. Things didn't go well on the date, so I came to the conclusion that Rocky didn't like me period," Lucy continued.