Chapter 2- The Duel

It was the day of the duel between Marian and Meliodas, and word had spread. It wasn't everyday the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins had a duel with a world known criminal! The arena was packed with people and the rest of the sins sat on a balcony with a good view of the fight.

Once the King allowed to duel to start, the two in the arena started to circle each other. They didn't engage for a good five minutes, until Meliodas dashed forward and slashed at her stomach. Marian moved one gauntlet to cover her stomach, and punched him with her other gauntlet. The flames burned a whole through his clothes and left a small burn mark on his stomach. Meliodas was sent flying back, but he was back again within seconds. Marian crossed her gauntlets and pushed him away.

They both wanted to play more defensive during this match, which made it a very slow match. "Hurry up and beat her, Captain!" Ban yelled from the sidelines. Marian turned to the stands and cocked her head to the side.

"You want me to humiliate him that bad? I haven't even been trying~" she giggled as she threw her fist back to Counter Meliodas's oncoming blade. She jumped and flipped, kicking his neck and side at the same time. Her hand touched the ground and she jumped onto her feet.

She threw dagger after dagger at Meliodas as she advanced towards him. Once she was within punching range she punched him hard and sent a ball of fire out around her as she jumped out of arms reach. Before the fire could burn Meliodas, he slashed at it and used 'Full Counter'. She immediately struck the fire back and replied with "Half. Counter." She laughed deviously as a small burn appeared on her cheek. She audience all gasped at once as Meliodas got the same burn mark as well.

His eyes sparked with realization as he stared at her, helpless. "You know, I was really hurt that you forgot, Sir Meliodas." She said simply. "And as punishment, I'll have you watch as I take everything you ever loved away from you, and you'll be to helpless to stop me!" She laughed evilly as she ran towards him, slashing at him madly with a two handed sword she had hidden. Her eyes were void of emotion, except her bloodlust.

She attacked him relentlessly until he found an opening. He desperately stabbed her chest, which stopped her attacks. Surprisingly, no blood came out. Marian stepped away and slowly drew out a gold chain. A small purple crystal was attached to the chain and it had a large crack in this side of it. Veronica immediately recognized the gem and she stepped back, wondering why she would have one of those in her possession.

"You broke my Goddess Amber!" She yelled, infuriated. She grabbed his sword arm above and below the elbow and broke it. He hissed in pain and stumbled back, shifting his sword to his other hand. She kicked low and swept his legs out from under him, causing him to fall on his already broken arm. A ball of water formed around him and filled his lungs, causing him not to be able to breath. She flicked her wrist and the ball flew out of the arena at a high speed.

"Now, Elizabeth." She said as she held her hand out to the booth where the girl sat with her family. The sins rushed from the next booth over to stand in front of the princess and form a protective circle around her, keeping her from leaving. "Fine. If you want to do things the hard way, I'll play your game, Goddess." She pulled a silver chain out from under her shirt.

Instead of a dark purple like the Goddess Amber, this gem was a very light blue, almost pure white. Once it came in contact with sunlight, it seemed to give off its own light. Marian muttered a few words under her breath as her hair began to rise as she closed her eyes. Elizabeth slowly began to disappear as the crystals light grew.

Diane grabbed her friends arm, but her hand just phased through. "Elizabeth!" She said, desperately trying to keep her friend with her.

Elizabeth completely vanished and the gem shone with such a magnificent light, it blinded Marian. The crystal stopped glowing as she slipped the cord around her neck and the gem slid under her shirt. "Give me back my daughter!" King Baltra demanded as he stood.