Chapter 5: The Spell

Marian had appeared back at the tree to find everyone had left. She placed her diary in the middle of the area and stood over it. She took a knife and cut her palm, forming a fist afterword. The blood poured onto the cover of the book and formed a pentagram on the cover.

The book glowed as her long hair flowed up above her head, reaching into the heavens. She kept her arm held out over the old book as the blood ceased to fall and the book flipped open. She kneeled down in front of the book and flipped it to a certain page, covered in writing.

She murmured ancient words under her breath as six "portals" appeared around her. She could see through each hole in space and time, each revealing different people. There was one for every member of the Ten Commandments, although they would split or join together whenever the certain members came into a certain proximity of each other.

In the other portal was the Seven Deadly Sins, who seemed to have no idea She was watching. "Diary my butt.." she murmured as she leaned against a rock, alone once more.

-

The Seven Deadly Sins were gathered in the Boar Hat discussing their next moves when Merlin interrupted the conversation. "Were being watched." She stated, looking around.

"Hm?" Meliodas looked around for signs of an intruder, but there was none.

"Meliodas, What was really in the book Marian took?"

"Well, it was an ancient spell book she found during the war. She had it bewitched so it could only be opened with her blood." Meliodas explained. "Which could mean she's watching us right now..." he thought aloud.

"That's highly likely. We must be careful what we say from now on." Merlin said as she turned to the others.

"Can't you use Absolute Cancel to get rid of the spell?" Ban asked.

"No, I can't. There isn't any target I can use it on, since she's to far for me to target." She sighed as she leaned against the wall.

"It's not that complicated, actually." Meliodas Said as he looked at the door. "Show yourself, Mar." He said before a purple hole opened up in the air before him. In the circle was Marian, who was eating an apple.

"Wassup?" She asked as she took a bite.

"Can you get rid of the portal?" He asked, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Nope. I don't feel like recasting the spell. Plus, I can keep and eye on everyone this way." She gestured to the portals around her.

"Who are you watching?" King asked as e tried to make out the people in the rifts.

"The Ten Commandments. They're going to get themselves killed, and I'd like to keep them from doing so." She yawned. "Anyway, I'm gonna keep you from seeing me now. I don't want cha to see me while I take a nap. I'll be watching over ya, little bro~" She chimed as she snapped her fingers, and she disappeared.

._-~-_.

Marian had been silently watching the others for days from her camp space. She watched the Sins' portal as they approached Corand. She knew Melescula awaited them, but what made her leap into action was when Meliodas was set to face off against Escanor.

She jumped up and grew her wings, flying towards Corand with no hesitation.

She flew between the two men just as the Perfect Cube was formed by Merlin, leaving just the three of them. "Leave him alone!" She threatened, standing in front of Meliodas protectively.

She didn't flinch under the larger mans gaze, only glaring back. "Tell Merlin to release us at once." Her hair and cape flower in some sort of wind as dark markings grew around her body.

She remembered watching as the sims found Escanor, he had seemed weaker than the pig. But now, he was different. She was pushed aside by someone behind her, who was Meliodas. "Mel," she started to complain until he raised a hand to silence her.

"I can take care of one mortal." He said as he walked forward.

"Ugh, Fine...." she crossed her arms and stood off to the side of the cube, knowing things would get messy. She watched, biting her nails, as the two fought it out. She wanted to butt in, but she knew Meliodas wouldn't want her to and would probably physically fight her.

She brought up a shield of darkness as Escanor became "The One". She peered out of a small hole in the shield, watching helplessly as Meliodas was sliced in half. "Meliodaaaaas!" She yelled as she rushed forward, slamming Escanor into the wall with it. The darkness held him to the wall of the Perfect Cube as she rushed to Meliodas's side, holding him close.

"What did you do?!" She yelled as she examined the slash that almost split his body in two parts. "How could you?!" She sent a dark beam out, connecting with Escanors chest.

-

Merlin squinted at the Cube. "Sir Hawk, What's her power level?" She asked the pig.

"Let me see... HUH?!"

"What is it, Sir Hawk?" Diane asked, bending down to be near the pig.

"H-her power level is 147,000 and it keeps going up as she gets madder!" He exclaimed.

"But that's impossible..." Merlin breathed

Suddenly there was a giant explosion in the Cube, drawing all of their attention back to it. When the dust cleared, Escanor was the only one standing. Marian was unconscious, seemingly shielding Meliodas from whatever blow Escanor had just sent at them.

Merlin hesitantly took down her Perfect Cube as Marian's magic power dropped down to 92,000.

Marian's clothing was completely gone, and she had darkness wrapped around her as clothes so she wasn't butt naked.

._-~-_.

They had regrouped in the Boar Hat, with the three injured laid out on tables. Escanor had taken a lot of damage in the battle, more than Meliodas and Marian.

"We need to isolate Meliodas immediately. His powers are mending his wounds." Merlin said as a small Cube appeared in her hands.

"Merlin, we're in a race against time right now!" Elizabeth said. "That won't solve anything." She held onto him protectively

"Move away, Elizabeth! It's not safe."

"Then lock me in there with him!"

The others argued with Elizabeth, but stopped when Merlin sighed. "Fine..."

"Thank you, Merlin." Elizabeth said as the Cube formed around the couple.

"Awww why isn't that cute?" Merlin turned around to see Marian sitting up, arms crossed. "I see you found your way back." She said to Elizabeth, who frowned.

"I did..."

"You remember me now, don't you?" She asked, walking towards the Cube. Dark matter crawled up the sins legs, rooting them in place. "Goddess."

"I do... Meliodas used to admire you." She said cautiously.

"Tch, admire. That's not the right word." She had finally reached the Cube and stopped to stand in front of them. "He adored me." She flicked her wrist and moved everyone out of the rom except her, Merlin, Elizabeth, and Meliodas. "Get rid of the Cube." She ordered, eyes never leaving the girl with the eyes of a goddess.

"No, I won't let you hurt sis sis!" She stood between Marian and the box protectively.

"Sis sis? That's a weird nickname, but whate- huh?" She paused, seeming to be listening to something. Merlin and Elizabeth exchanged a worried look as she began to grin. Her dark eyes were bright with joy - no, it was something darker than joy. No, it was bloodlust.

"You're all in for it now." She giggled evilly as the bright sky turned dark with true night. She turned to a man who had just appeared next to the box with a creepy face.

"MASTER MELIODAAAAAAS!"