Chapter 6: Her Choice

"You're late, Pacifier Demon." Marian said blankly, staring at his creepy face.

"Hm? Oh, it's you..." he glared at her slightly, looking away from his young master for just a moment.

"C'mon, lets get out of here. I want to have a chance to relax again!" She whined, gesturing to the Cube holding Meliodas and Elizabeth. He tapped it with his staff and it popped out of existence.

Merlin was shocked 'he must know Absolute Cancel..' she thought as she shot something at Chandlier. He swung his staff at the bolt, redirecting it to her. She disappeared, her clothes left in a pile on the ground. "Hm?" She watched as a little girl in a small white dress and long raven hair gathered up the clothes, clearly mad.

"Is this who you really are?" Chandlier asked, when a giant arm reached in through the window. Before the two demons could figure out what happened, the arm had grabbed Elizabeth and Meliodas.

"You go after them, I'll take care of the girl!" Marian ordered, snapping her fingers. Six portals appeared around Merlin, keeping her from leaving. Marian was holding the book open in one hand. "You should recognize this book. It was written by another wizard. You know, from your village that we burned to the ground." She giggled evilly at Merlin's obvious anger.

She was suddenly knocked over, sending the book flying. She sat up and looked at who had run into her and she was slightly disappointed. "I was looking for an actual fight." She said to the pig as she held him up by his long ears. She watched as he squealed, then she noticed something. "You're eyes..." She said, Then giggled uncontrollably. "Is this some sort of sick joke? You've been watching us suffer for so long, through the eyes of a PIG?!" She yelled, infuriated by something.

"Huh?" Hawk said, blinking. Marian suddenly dropped him with a blank expression. "I'm going to help out outside. Feel free to try and break that spell, Merlin." She walked outside, cloak blowing widely in the wind.

-

Marian entered the battlefield as King and Gowther combined their powers to make 'Celestial Arrow'. She immediately saw and heard what was happening due to her close proximity to the two.

She watched as Chandelier misused his 'Full Counter'. She rolled her eyes and flew up next to Gowther, placing her hands on her shoulders and blowing on his ear. "Boo." She floated back, satisfied that she had scared him so much.

"Lady Marian..." he growled, glaring at her.

"Sir Gowther. Or, rather, his doll. It's been a while, hasn't it?" She teased, interlocking her hands behind her back. "Now I can finally beat you to a pulp, traitor."

"You betrayed the demon clan first." He pointed out, accidentally getting under her skin.

"Shut up, traitor!" She formed a thin, long needle of a dark substance in her hand.

"Marian, why are you trying to kill us?" Diane yelled from King's shoulder since Chandlier had shrunk her earlier.

"Because I want my beloved brother back!" She yelled as she duplicated another one in her left hand.

"If you love him, then why wouldn't you fight for what he's fighting for?!" Diane said as King and Gowther fought off the other demons attack.

Marian paused, limply holding the slender needles. They dangled below her feet in open air.

She was in such deep thought, she was oblivious to the battle going on around her. When she awoke, King was shooting his Chastifol at the demon. "Wait!" She yelled as she thrust her arm forward, sending one needle forward. She opened her eyes and saw Chandlier turning to her, a giant hole through his shoulder. She looked horrified as she watched him fall to the ground. "What have I done...?" She asked herself, falling to her knees.