Insulted Hippogriff

Krestena's POV

I spot Draco and his group of slytherins s the others groan. "Hey cuz" I say walking over to him and he gives me a small smile. Before teasing Harry about fainting in front of the dementors and I whack him in the back of the head. "Be nice" I remind him. We reach Hagrid's hut and he leads us to a paddock on the out skirts of the forest.

"Gather around the fence and open your books..." Hagrid starts to instruct.

"How?" Draco drawls.  "How do we open the books?" he asks.

"Has no one figured out how?" Hagrid asks us.

"I did professor" I tell him and he smiles gently at me. "The spine is the weakness of any book, so you just stroke the spine" I explain. The rest of the class begins to open their books as Hagrid gives me ten points for Gryffindor. But Neville forgot to stroke the spine of his and it attacked him. As everyone laughed at him I stroked the spine of his book and it stops moving.

"You're suppose to stroke it" Ron tells him chuckling.

"Thanks Krestena" Neville says as he brushes himself off. Just then from the opposite end of the paddock a herd of hippogriffs appears. As I go stand by Harry, Hermione and Ron.

"Anyone who can tell me what these are?" Hagrid asks after tying them to one side of the fence. Hermione raises her hand as usual and Hagrid points to her.

"They are hippogriffs" she states and Hagrid congratulates her.

"Does anyone know anything about hippogriffs?" he asks.

"They are very proud creatures" Blaise states and Hagrid nods his head.

"That is right, so they are very easily offended" he states. "Don't ever insult one, it maybe the last thing you ever do" he tells us. I notice Draco talking to Crabbe and Goyle not paying attention to Hagrid. "Now you let them make the first move, it's polite" he explains.

"You have to bow right?" I ask remember reading in the monster book of monsters.

"That's correct Krestena, then you wait to see if they bow back. If they don't back off quickly" Hagrid states. "Now who'd like to go first?" he asks as he turns to untie a hippogriff. Everyone backs away except for Harry and I. "Well done Harry and Krestena" Hagrid says smiling at us as he walks to hippogriffs over.

"No Harry remember your tea leaves" Parvati and Lavender tell him. Harry rolls his eyes as we climb into the paddock.

"Harry you use Buckbeak, Krestena you get Dotty" Hagrid tells us. Pointing to the grey hippogriff Buckbeak and then to the white spotty one Dotty. (Picture of Dotty: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6c/46/5b/6c465bd60a0c539cb27a0dd335441138--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures.jpg). "Try not to blink to much as you hold eye contact and bow" Hagrid instructs us.

I bow to Dotty as we hold eye contact ad she soon bows back while Harry had to back away a little from Buckbeak. I approach Dotty slowly with my hand out before stopping a few feet away so she could approach me. She does so and allows me to pat her beak as she coos. I see Harry doing the same with Buckbeak as the class claps.

"Think they'll let you ride them now" Hagrid states placing me on Dotty's back and does the same with Harry. He warns us not to pull  out any of their feathers before slapping their hinds. Both hippogriffs start to gallop flapping their wings before taking to the sky. They fly parallel as we fly over the school then across the lake in perfect sync. Before we land back in the paddock where I dismount Dotty thanking her as Hagrid helps Harry off Buckbeak.

"Yes you aren't dangerous at all are you, you great ugly brute" Draco says as he stalks over to Buckbeak.

"Draco no!" I shout and go to help him. But it was to late, Buckbeak got Draco in the arm with his talons before Hagrid pulled him away. Dotty also seemed upset so I calmed her down.

"Hagrid he has to be taken to the hospital" Hermione states as Dotty heads over to Buckbeak.

"I'm the teacher, I'll do it" Hagrid says as he picks up Draco. "Class dismissed" he states walking out the gate Hermione had opened. I ran after him after grabbing my stuff.

(Hospital wing)

After Hagrid and I explain what had happened, Madame Pomfrey treated Draco's arm. "Will he be ok?" I ask her.

"He'll make a complete recovery" she assures me and leaves.

"You ok Draco?" I ask sitting down beside him.

"My father will hear about this" he tells me.

"Honestly Draco, stop being such a baby" I snap at him. "It was only a scratch and it was your own fault for insulting the hippogriff. Pomfrey says you'll make a complete recovery" I tell him.

"I'll still tell father" he mumbles.

"Do I go running to my dad everytime I cry or am hurt?" I ask him annoyed.

"You're father was in Azkaban" he states and I glare at him. "Sorry cuz, I promise to tell my father the truth and nothing but it" he tells me.

"You better, now you'll need to have your arm in a sling for a day or so" I tell him. "If you want, I can help you in practical tasks in class" I add.

"Won't need it, I'll get plenty of help" he tells me smirking.

"Why do I have a feeling you are going to milk this for all it's worth" I grumble making him smirk more. I roll my eyes wishing him well before leaving as some of his friends arrive. I managed to make it to Potions on time and told Snape what had happened to Draco. Before sitting next to Hermione as class began.

A/N

Gif above of the monster book of monsters attacking Neville and gif on the external link of Buckbeak bowing to Harry.