Truth

Krestena's POV

"I found this at the base of the Whomping Willow" Snape states. Throwing Harry's cloak aside, careful to keep his wand pointing directly at uncle Remus'chest. "Very useful, Potter, I thank you" he adds. Then goes on how he was right all along and how Dumbledore should of never trusted my uncle. Who tried to convince him to listen to reason, but Snape would hear none of it.

"Is a schoolboy grudge worth putting an innocent man back inside Azkaban?!" Uncle Remus exclaims. A bang was heard and he was bound in ropes. Dad goes to charge Snape, who points his wand at him.

"Give me a reason" he tells him.

"How about this?" I sneer and shoot a spell at him the same time as Harry did.

"Harry, Krestena what did you just do?!" Ron demands.

"You attacked a teacher" Hermione states.

"He threatened my family and attacked my godfather" I say shrugging.

"You shouldn't have done that, you should of left him to me" dad states.

"And let you have all the fun?" I ask smirking. "No help me release Uncle Remus" I tell him smiling. We unbound my uncle and dad picks up Snape's discarded wand.

"Thank you Harry, Krestena" Uncle Remus says once he was standing.

"I'm still not saying I believe you" Harry tells us.

"Then it's time we offered you some proof" I announce clapping my hands together.

"You, boy — give me Peter, please. Now" Uncle Remus tells Ron. Who clutched the traitorous rat closer to his chest.

"Okay, say Pettigrew could turn into a rat — there are millions of rats — how's he supposed to know which one he is after if he was locked up in Azkaban?" Ron asks.

"That is a good question dad" I say looking at him with my head cocked to the side.

"How did you find out where he was?" Uncle Remus asks him. Dad put one of his hands inside his robes and took out a crumpled piece of paper. Which he smoothed flat and held out to show the us.It was the photograph of Ron and his family that had appeared in the Daily Prophet the previous summer, and there, on Ron's shoulder, was Scabbers.

"How did you get this?" Uncle Remus and I ask him.

"Fudge" he says simply before explaining. "When he came to inspect Azkaban last year, he gave me his paper. And there was Peter, on the front page on this boy's shoulder...I knew him at once...how many times had I seen him transform? And the caption said the boy would be going back to Hogwarts...to where Krestena and Harry are" he finishes.

"His front paw" I whisper. "Uncle what did you say about Peter's finger?" I ask him.

"The biggest bit of Peter they found was his finger" he states.

"When I cornered him, he yelled for the whole street to hear that I'd betrayed Lily and James. Then, before I could curse him, he blew apart the street with the wand behind his back, killed everyone within twenty feet of himself — and sped down into the sewer with the other rats" Dad explains.

"Look, Scabbers probably had a fight with another rat or something! He's been in my family for ages, right" Ron tries to say.

"Twelve years, in fact" I remind him.

"Didn't you ever wonder why he was living so long?" Uncle Remus asks.

"We — we've been taking good care of him" Ron stutters.

"Not looking too good at the moment, though, is he?" I ask.

"I'd guess he's been losing weight ever since he heard Sirius was on the loose again" Uncle Remus states.

"He's been scared of that mad cat!" Ron exclaims.

"This cat isn't mad" dad says hoarsely patting Crookshanks. "He's the most intelligent of his kind I've ever met. He recognized Peter for what he was right away. And when he met me, he knew I was no dog. It was a while before he trusted me...Finally, I managed to communicate to him what I was after, and he's been helping me" he explains.

"Besides Ron, he was ill before he meet Crookshanks. That's why you got rat tonic" I remind him. "Now you see the truth harry" I say looking at him.

"All this time we've thought Sirius betrayed your parents, and Peter tracked him down — but it was the other way around, don't you see? Peter betrayed your mother and father — Sirius tracked Peter down" Uncle Remus states.

"I persuaded Lily and James to change to Peter at the last moment, persuaded them to use him as Secret-Keeper instead of me...I'm to blame, I know it...The night they died, I'd arranged to check on Peter, make sure he was still safe. Leaving Krestena and her mother home alone. But when I arrived at his hiding place, he'd gone. Yet there was no sign of a struggle. It didn't feel right. I was scared. I set out for your parents' house straight away. And when I saw their house, destroyed, and their bodies...I realized what Peter must've done...what I'd done" dad says.

"You couldn't of known dad and I am here. So is Harry and we're both safe, thanks you" I assure him giving his hand a squeeze.

"There's one certain way to prove what really happened. Ron, give me that rat" Uncle Remus demands.

"What are you going to do to him?" Ron asks him.

"Force him to show himself. If he's really a rat, it won't hurt him" he assures Ron. "Krestena do you know the spell to make an animagus return to their human form?" he asks.

"Of course, I learnt everything about animagi before becoming an animagus" I tell him. Dad and I take out our wands. "Keep him still uncle" I instruct as we all point our wands at the rat. A flash of blue-white light erupted from both wands; for a moment, the rat  was frozen in midair. His small gray form twisting madly. As he fell and hit the floor. There was another blinding flash of light and then...