Grim Defeat

Krestena's POV

It's time for quidditch practice and Oliver was just telling the team how we aren't facing Slytherin but Hufflepuff instead tomorrow. "They've got a new captain Cedric Diggory" he states and the two other chasers giggle. "What?" he asks them.

"He's the good looking one isn't he?" Angelina asks.

"Strong and silent" Katie adds dreamily and I glare at them.

"That's my boyfriend you're talking about" I snap and the whole team stares at me. "What?" I ask annoyed.

"You're dating the captain of a reveal team?" Oliver asks.

"Damn it" I curse under my breath. "Yes I am and we've never discussed quidditch, except the quidditch world cup. Which he invited me too" I say smiling.

"We'll discuss this after the match tomorrow" Oliver states. He ended the meeting and we went back to the castle. Professor Snape taught DADA as it is a full moon tonight. That did not go down well with Harry. Snape made us learn about werewolves and wants us to do two rolls of parchment on how to recognize & kill them. I told my uncle and he assured me we didn't have to do it.

(Next day)

It is now the day of the quidditch match and it's pouring down with rain. "May the best team win" I tell Cedric smiling. He kisses me gently before the twins drag me away. "See you after the match!" I call. We reach the change rooms and change into our scarlet robes. The wind was so strong it made us stagger sideways as we walked onto the pitch.

Oliver and Cedric shake hands as he smiles at me. We then mount our brooms waiting for the whistle. She blew it and I rose fast my broom swerving in the wind. I get it under control and grab the quaffle. Within five minutes I was soaked to the skin frozen, but at least I scored a goal.

At the first flash of lighting Madame Hooch blew her whistle signaling a time out. I land on the ground and join my team under the shelter.  "What's the score?" Harry asks.

"We're fifty points up" I tell him.

"But if we don't catch the snitch soon we'll be playing into the night" Oliver states.

"I've got no chance with these on" Harry states wiping his glasses. Hermione suddenly runs over with her wand.

"I have an idea Harry, give me your glasses" she tells him. He does so and she taps them saying "impervious". Before handing them back to Harry saying "now they'll repel water".

"We should do the same with our goggles" I tell Oliver. He agrees and we all do it. Then play resumed and I stole the quaffle from a hufflepuff chaser. But drop it when a bludger is set my way. As I righted myself I notice the form of a shaggy black dog in the stands alone and smile. Dad had come to watch the match after-all.

"Harry, behind you!" I hear Oliver shout. I notice Cedric had spotted the snitch and Harry flies after him into the storm clouds. I focus back on the match as Katie passes me the quaffle. It suddenly grows colder and I look up to see about a hundred dementors. I grab my wand and shot my patronus at them. Not knowing Harry was falling. Luckily Dumbledore slowed his fall and the ground was so soft. Or he would of died.

(Hospital Wing)

The team and I are in the hospital wing waiting fro Harry to wake up. We lost the match as Cedric caught the snitch not knowing Harry had fallen off of his broom. He tried to call a rematch. But Madame Hooch and Oliver agree he's team (Hufflepuff) won far and square. Now i think Oliver is trying to drown himself in the rain.

Dumbledore sent the dementors away and yelled at them for coming onto the school grounds. Madame Pomfrey gave us all a potion each to warn us up and stop us from getting sick. She did the same for Hufflepuff and we dried our robes with magic. Right now we are waiting for Harry to wake up.

"Harry, how are you feeling?" Fred asks when he wakes.

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"You fell off of your broom" I tell him.

"Must of been about fifty feet" Fred states.

"We thought, you'd died" Katie tells him.

"But the match" Harry says. "What happened? Are we having a replay?" he asks. We say nothing. "We didn't lose" he says unsure.

"Diggory caught the snitch after you fell" George tells him.

"He tried to call a rematch, but even Oliver says they won fair and square" I state.

"Where is Wood?" Harry asks.

"Still in the showers, we think he's trying to drown himself" Fred states.

"We're still in the running for the cup, no doubt we'll be training harder then ever before" I assure him.

"Did someone get my Nimbus?" he asks us.

"Well, when you fell off of your broom it blew away" Hermione tells him. "And it hit the whooping willow Harry" she adds.

"You know the whooping willow doesn't like being hit" Ron tells him.

"Professor Flitwick brought it back, before you came around" I state. Ron grabs the bag and dumps the broken sherds of the broom onto the bed. "We're sorry Harry, I have to go speak to Wood" I tell him. The others wish me luck and I head to the changing rooms. To see Oliver sitting on a bench in his school robes. "Oliver" I say gently.

"So you and Diggory ha" he says.

"We got together at the beginning of the year, we haven't even been on a date yet. He's been so busy training for this match" I tell him.

"You swear you don't talk quidditch techniques" he says.

"I swear" I assure him.

"Promise not to let it affect your quidditch playing skills?" he asks.

"Promise" I say smiling.

"Then I approve" he tells me. He leaves and I shower and change. I exit the change rooms to see Cedric with an umbrella.

"Thanks Cedric" I say snuggling into his side under the umbrella. He smiles kissing my forehead and we head back up to the castle. We part ways when we reach the great hall for dinner. After dinner I return to the common room and do my homework before going to bed early.

A/N

Gif above of Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter racing for the snitch.