The Blacksmith

The Blacksmith

Past the little village Edilva was a small windy road that led to a blacksmith's house. The man who lived there had his own little mine from which he would try and mine for metal to later make into something to sell. His name was Quinlin.

He was a very good blacksmith and everyone in the village loved what he made. He would make all sorts of things, from metal gates to horseshoes to nails and even fine necklace chains.

One day while he was mining, he realised he was starting to run out of metal! So he decided he had to dig even further, but while he was doing this, the mine started to collapse. He quickly ran out just in time before the entrance to the mine was blocked by huge boulders. Quinlin was devastated, how was he going to continue making things if he doesn’t have the metal?

The village also felt the effect of Quinlin’s loss of work, as they could no longer buy what he sold. Coming up with an idea, the village had a plan to try and ask the Fairy Queen for help. They sent their finest messenger, Robert the Robin to fly over to the Fairy’s palace and ask her if she could help Quinlin. The Fairy Queen agreed to meet him and  see what she could do to help.

One morning when Quinlin woke up and the sun was streaming in, he was very surprised to hear a knock at the door. Customers had stopped coming when they all found out he could no longer sell anything, so why would someone be here? Quickly jumping up out of bed, he answered the front door and what he saw was sure to give him the biggest surprise! It was the Fairy Queen herself.

“Your Majesty!” Quinlin said bowing down. “I apologize to say, but I have nothing to sell to you.”

“You have no need to worry. Your dear village friends told me all of what happened so I came here to help.”

The Fairy Queen then went outside and cast a magic spell to fix his mine and to keep it safe from ever falling down again, she also cast a spell so that the mine would always be rich with metal and would never run out. All she asked for in return was a small bracelet made from the finest metal Quinlin had.

Ever so gladly Quinlin agreed and quickly went to work making the best bracelet he could, in fact it was his best piece of work he had ever made his entire life.

From that day on, he never had a problem with shortages of metal or customers. He could safely mine and go back to making things for the village. The Queen really liked his work too and asked him to make the most beautiful necklaces and even make her daughter’s crown. Quinlin never had to worry and could continue working as happily as ever serving the Queen and the helpful village people of Edilva.