The Dragons of China

Before China had people, they had Dragons! There were hundreds of different dragons who would soon play a very important role to the Chinese culture. But of these dragons was one who was very important, as through his wisdom he created the idea of forming the land that the people of China now live on.

These dragons were sick of flying around and having nothing to do and having no purpose. It was not until the oldest and most wisest dragon thought, that maybe they could make a place where animals could live and serve them, and in return worship the dragons. That way they would have a purpose in life and wouldn’t be left to continue flying oblivious to anything around them.

So, the wisest dragon called a meeting for all dragons. He told them that they wanted to make land and animals who would worship them. All of the dragons raised their heads high and all agreed.

Very quickly, each dragon chose what they wanted to make or bring to this new land. A large red dragon brought festiveness and happiness to this land, so that all could come together and celebrate dragons while having fun.

A small green dragon with dark green spikes said that he would create trees and plants.

A long and very thin white dragon created Air, and a blue fat dragon made water. Soon many things were made, like the sky, stars, sun and moon, food, light and joy, the list continued. But there was one thing missing. The animals that would worship them and they could serve. 

The wisest Dragon, who thought of the idea was told to create these beings, so first he made a very large and heavy creature that was black and white and would only eat plants. He had made the Panda. Soon followed he made a bird who was also black and white called the Crane.

Soon and very quickly he created many animals and with more colours but now was time for his most finest creation, The Human! These were the animals that would help look after their creations and who would worship them.

Thinking long and hard, he visualised how they would look. They would have long arms and legs, only two of each. They would have hands with fingers and thumbs so they could lift, carry, create and look after everything around them. Soon the dragon made a body followed by a head with eyes to see, ears to hear, mouth to speak and eat a nose to smell. He made both a female and a male so they could continue their race. At last, China was made, the dragons were all worshiped and life was beautiful.