The Good And The Bad

The trip in LA was over for my son and Cat. They were returning to Kent to start the process of moving to LA. I decided to go and help after a few weeks they were there. I was now back in Kent and it felt so unreal that I was helping her pack up her house. This was really happening. She would move to LA and always be mine. I would also have our son everyday and watch him grow. I was really excited about it all. I would have them everyday. That is what I wanted. After we got most of the things packed in her house, we made a trip to her mother's. She apparently wanted to get a few things from the basement there. Her and I were going through boxes in the basement as Seth was with his grandmother, upstairs. Cat was digging in a box when she gasped, "Oh my god. I have been looking for this."

I turned to her and asked, "What?"

She pulled out the heart shape necklace I gave her. I smiled as I saw it. "I gave that to you our first Christmas together as a couple."

She beamed. "I thought I'd lost it. I have been searching for it when I left college. I wanted to keep it on me as I wanted a little piece of you with me."

I smiled at this as I loved that she didn't want to let it go. I then grabbed it and said, "Turn around."

She smiled and did. She lifted her hair as I put the necklace on her. Once it was on, she let go her hair and looked at it. I then looked over and saw the couch. "Oh, god. Your mom kept this old thing."

"Uh, yeah." Cat said to me.

I looked at her and smirked. "Wonder if I can convince her to let us have it."

I moved over to it and sat down. "Why the hell do you want that old thing?" She asked.

I grinned at her. "For sentimental reasons."

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Oh, is that right?"

I looked at it and smiled. "This couch has a story. We took each other for the first time here. Hell, it was here we lost out virginity."

She smiled and said, "We also have many other memories on that couch. Like the many sleepovers where we talked all night or watched Star Trek. I mean, why is it that one night stick out the most when it comes to that couch."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me. She fell on my lap and giggled. I wrapped my arms around her and said, sincerely, "A lot of reasons. Cause that night I fell more in love with you. Cause that night, you gave me all of you to me as I always dreamed of as I gave you all of me. It was also the night I confessed my love for you and you loved me back in return. Most of all, it was the last time we were on this couch."

She smiled at me. "It was, wasn't it?"

I nodded and then I said, softly, "I think that just reminded me that night was the last night of everything childish we put behind as we moved into adulthood, in more ways then one. I think this couch is a reminder of our childhood."

She just sat there smiling at me, sweetly, as I think the thought touched her. Then she said, sternly, "That may be but we are not taking this old, ratty thing with us to LA."

I chuckled and nodded. "Alright." Then I looked at her as I smiled. "But maybe we can make one last memory on it."

She hitched an eyebrow. "What did you have in mind?"

I just smiled and moved in. I took her lips, softly yet deeply. She moaned slightly against my lips and kissed me back. The kiss slowly progressed. She moved so she was straddling me. We kept kissing as it became more intense. I moved my lips from hers down to her neck. Her breathing hitched. I kept going. Just then, we heard our son's voice yell out from the top of the stairs, "Mom, dad, can I have some ice cream? Grandma said I had to ask you guys!"