Chapter 2

Nicole

"Okay Nedley, all of the files have digitalized, I found Mrs. Smith's cat and Trever is in holding for public intoxication until morning, so you need anything else before I leave?" I say as I walk into his office

"No, I can't think of anything. How is Wynonna, I haven't seen her I a while."

"She is sad, to say the least, but she won't tell you that. I can't even imagine losing a kid. I'll tell her you said hi when I swing by later."

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem," I say to Nedley I start to leave and see that Trever passed out in his cell. I go to the station kitchen and grab a disposable cup of water and two painkillers, and I leave them in the cell and head out for the day. I get in my car and text Waverly.

"Hey babe, I'm on my way to the homestead. Do you want me to pick anything up." I put the phone in the passenger seat and start the car. Just before I put the car in to drive I here Waverly's ringtone

"Hey, babe."

"Hey sweetie, would you mind picking up my phone charger from your house."

"Yea, no problem I'll pick up it up when I feed Calamity Jane. Anything else?"

"No, I'll see you when you get here. You like tacos right."

"love them. Okay, babe, I'll see you soon."

"Okay, bye babe."

"Bye"

I swing by the grocery store and pick up diapers, roses, and tv dinners for Waverly and me for after. I swing by my house to pick up Waverly's phone charger and feed calamity jane and then head over to the homestead.

I leave the roses and dinners in the car and knock on the door.

"WAVERLY CAN YOU GET THE DOOR?" I heard Wynonna yell

The next thing I know the door is open and my beautiful girlfriend is smiling at me.

"Hey babe," Waverly says while stepping aside so I can fit through the door "You hungry?"

"Mmm, you know it," I said grabbing her arm and pulled her toward me and hungrily kiss her to show her just how much. We pull away "I missed you."

"Aw that's cute," Wynonna says from the top of the stairs as she starts do descend "I want to barf all over you saps, but I'll leave that up to her," Wynonna says as she hands me, beautiful baby Alice.

"Hey baby girl, how was your day?" I say in my high pitch baby voice as I accept the small baby "Oh, Wynonna I picked up diapers on my way over" I say pointing at the couch

"Thanks, Haught, what do I owe you?" Wynonna says as she heads to the kitchen

"How about we call it even with dinner."

"Deal, it is almost done. Can you and Waves play with her while I finish it?" Wynonna says escaping my line of sight as she walks into the kitchen "Just remember that you have Alice watching and she tells me everything, isn't that right baby girl."

I look at Alice in my arms, and she has fallen asleep. I walk over to the couch and sit still holding Alice. Waverly sits next to me and rests her head on my shoulder. We say fixated on Alice until...

"DINNER"

"Wynonna," Whales of screaming followed "She was asleep," I say trying to rock her back to sleep, or at least I try to that only causes more screaming

"I'll go and get her pacifier," Waverly says as she gets up and runs upstairs

Wynonna comes in the room, and I hand her a screaming Alice. Within seconds Alice was quite