C H A P T E R O N E

"You have to learn to get up from the table when Love is no longer being served"

Nina Simone

".... and now everyday I wake up next to him, not knowing who is beside me in my bed. This man that lies amongst me every night is not the same man I married.  He's just not attracted to me anymore. Am I not sexy anymore?", Cindy questioned.

A regular of mine. Who was currently having problems with her husband of twelve years. She had just recently started seeking therapeutic guidance after she caught her husband in the midst of an affair. The feeling was one I knew all to well.

"Cindy, have you ever sat down with your husband and laid everything out on the table, let it be known on where your marriage stands", I asked trying to avoid the reminisces that were currently trying to invade my mind.

"Ive tried so many times Ada I can't count on both hands, how many times I've tried with him. He is simply puerile towards the situation", Cindy scoffed.

"Well for your next session, I would like for you to bring your husband in so we can get to roots of his infidelity and the problems it has strung out amongst your family. It seems as though your time is up", I spoke as I saw a slightly disappointed expression spread across her face.

"Thanks Ada, Its always so nice to talk to you. Have a good day hun", Cindy exclaimed as her light brown curls bounced  as she walked towards to leave from my office. I soon followed as I grabbed my belongings and made sure all the lights were off. I made sure to stop to say hello to Shauna, who was always running her mouth on the phone at the front desk about the latest drama.

Walking along the withered concrete, I reached into my purse to grab my car keys. My braids were cascading down my back as hopped into the front seat. Putting my case in the passenger seat, I exited the parking lot.

Sneakily heading towards my apartment, I was ready to kick these heels off. Entering, I practically threw everything off my shoulders and headed towards my radio to hit play on my favorite Stevie Wonder Cd. This time called for it.

The atmosphere within my roomy apartment was charged with such a mellow energy, as I drank a smooth glass of red wine. The day was Friday, I quietly waited for my weekly call from my crazy ass best friend.  As if on cue, I heard the ring throughout my apartment.

"Hello", I answered already knowing who it was.

"Adaaaaa, you know what the hell Im about to ask", Reina practically yelled through the phone.
One thing about Reina was she was outgoing. She was the owner of her own hair salon and was always trying to get me out of my apartment.

"Reina what's so wrong with my look right now" I asked completely oblivious.

"Ada are you serious, you have had the same hair style since I met you it's time to switch it up, you are to sexy for that ma", Reina said

"Eh....Not really, look can I get back to you on that", said quickly trying to find a way to end this phone call. God knows how much I loved Reina, but whenever, She would get on to the topic of change, I was always resistant, and extremely stubborn.

Reina was one I could ever call a friend, We had known each other for a long time, She's an essential part of me. I understand she may want whats best for me, but after what happened I have never got back to the way I was, and deep down I so desperately wanted to break thru the walls that were holding me from my own happiness. Oh god, I needed a break through.

Laying across my lap were a number of papers belonging to a newer patient. From the background, this patients seems to be a very troubled person. I found myself reflecting myself on this convalescent, He seemed as well as me there were many obstacles holding him back from his freedom, mentally. My mind seemed to wonder off as I played amongst my silk sheets feeling entrapped with warmth. Before I knew it, my eyes became heavy as I ascended into a deep sleep.

"Good Morning, boo how was your night", Shauna asked . Evenrhough she was quite blunt at time, she came from a good place, most of the time.

"It was the same as every other night, Shauna, and don't say it Im tired of hearing girl you need to get you some", I joked as I watched her expression change. I knew her like the back of my hand.

"If you can say why don't you go act upon it", She said, but i knew she was very serious.

"Shauna I have a new patient today, can I get back to you on my sex life? ", I spoke grabbing my briefcase from off the counter.

"Yeah Yeah girl go on , Ill phone you when they arrive, but we are getting back on the subject", She said with emphasis. She wasn't playing, I would never hear the end of it.

Coming to the face with the office i had become quite acquainted to, I quickly went into routine, placing a candle on, setting up making sure all my papers were out . It was 9:43 He was supposed to arrive at 9. Did I mind, No? I spent time, organizing my files of other patients, past and currents which depressively needed organizing.

10:24

The anticipated sound rang throughout my roomy office.

"Hey, He has just arrived, Im going to send him up"

I sighed in relief. I wasn't exactly unfamiliar with no showers. Lots of the time people couldn't handle the idea of therapy. Some of the times, individuals were forced to come and reevaluate themselves. A small portion of people would recognize their problems and come to get to the root of their problems. A soft knock was heard beyond my door, Which I acted upon. Walking towards the door, I for one did not know I was opening the door to our reawakening as his eyes stared intensely into mine.

 Walking towards the door, I for one did not  know I was opening the door to our reawakening as his eyes stared intensely into mine

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡🅢 🅝🅞🅣🅔
whew chillay, y'all this chapter took such a long time to develop. i didn't know how I wanted to start the story off, but girl it's started and it going to be so good. I've fallen in love with my characters, I hope you do too. lemme know your thoughts in the comments.