C H A P T E R F I V E

"Times will change for the better when you change"

-Maxwell Maltz

"So wait one minute, he had you pressed up against a wall, while staring you deep into your soul, and y'all didn't fuck", Reina asked clearly confused. Ada was fully aware of her bluntness but she was threw off by this comment.

"No we didn't do that, Reina. That moment was completely unprofessional", Ada said slightly disappointed in herself. Nothing came before her profession. Her job meant the world to her, she knew not to mix business with pleasure, but that had never been a problem. Until Amaru.

"Look I would have just had to say fuck the job for that moment. Ada it's been way to long", Reina continued.

"Reina you know I can't do that", Ada said quickly shooting her down. Between both of their busy lives, they always made time for each other. They had been friends for god knows how long.

"Ada you can't keep letting him dictate you life, and how you choose to live it ", Reina said all out. Ada knew exactly who she was bringing up, she just wasn't ready to reopen that scar.

"Reina, Can we please get off of that subject for now", Ada asked timidly. She was still dealing with the baggage from her past.

"For now, we can but one day Ada. We are going to talk about this. You aren't the same, and something needs to change", Reina spoke whole heartedly.

She knew of Ada' s issues from the past, and she knew their were the reason for Ada's current state. All these problems were deeply rooted with Ada. All because of HIM.

"....and when that day comes, ill be ready. How's the shop going", Ada questioned happily diverting the topic.

"Good as always, Money has been coming in. I'm so happy my little salon is being way bigger than I dreamt it to be", Reina finished. The smile that adorned Reina's face was full, as she beamed happiness. Ada was more than proud of her friend. Who had worked so hard chasing after her dreams.

"Reina, I'm so proud of you. I always knew your talents would get your far, Come here", Ada spoke as she reached towards Reina and pulled her into a warm hug.

"Thanks girl, but that's not all the news, I have", Reina said as Ada raised her eyebrows at her. There was always something else when It came to Reina.

"....and what is that?", Ada questioned, quite eager to here what Reina was going to say.

"Well I've been talking to someone for a little minute now, and we made it official a few days ago", Reina announced as Ada's jaw almost dropped at the news.

"You? Reina Ortiz actually gave somebody a chance. Why are you just now telling me this. What kind of friend are you", Ada almost ranted. She wanted to know every single detail.

"Girl I'm kind of surprised at my self to be completely honest. We met a while ago in the grocery store. He kept eyeing me, and being me I asked him what the hell he was looking at. He got to smooth talking and I gave him my number. He was that fine, Ada. We've been on a few dates here and there. He has been everything to me right now in this moment Ada", Reina said. Ada automatically pin pointed the glow that was radiated from her olive skin was because of this new mystery man.

"Aww Reina look at you. Do I know him? Is he from around here"Ada questioned. He wanted to get to the bottom of this new found information.

"No, I don't think so. He doesn't live around here. His name is Raheem", Reina finished.

"Oh, no I don't think I know a Raheem. What does he look like", Ada asked.

"We'll he is fine as hell like I stated before. He is dark-skin, tall, doesn't ring a bell", She asked yet again, and again Ada had know idea who he was.

"Nope, hopefully I can meet him one day. See the man that actually pulled you", Ada said jokingly. She knew Reina was a tough catch when it came to men. She was beautiful but she had a mouth on her. She just would' talk to anybody. She took no bullshit.

"We need to find somebody to pull you out of your current celibacy, because Ada baby this can't be healthy", She said jokingly grabbing at Ada's shoulder, as if to be a helping hand.

"You make me absolutely sick, Reina", Ada couldn't stop her self from laughing. Reina had such a way with words. No matter what she was saying there was always humor in everything she said.

"I'm serious, Ada. As much as you love to deny it. You are fine ass hell, beyond gorgeous. But look what you are doing staying cooped up in this damn apartment every weekend. I'm bout to start forcing you to come to the clubs with me", She said in all seriousness.

"Yeah the day I'll ever go to a club is the day hell will freeze over", Ada said. She may have been laughing but she was being serious. The club scene really wasn't for her.

"Yeah Yeah whatever Ada, your still are going to come with me, whether you like it or not", Reina said with seriousness evident within her voice.

"We'll see about that Reina", Ada replied playfully rolling her eyes.

A small beeping was heard as Reina checked her hip.

"Ooh my man is paging me, Ada baby I have to get going", Reina said as she sat up and began to grab her belongings

"Alright Reina be safe, I love you", Ada responded as Reina headed towards the door before swiftly turning around.

"Oh and when Amaru calls tonight, tell him I said hello", She said with a smirk very evident on her face, before closing the door.

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡🅢 🅝🅞🅣🅔
Hey guys, hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think, but I have a few things to say. Thanks for all the love and support you guys have given me on this book. I love writing it for you guys. Thanks for appreciating what I do.

-Who do y'all think is HIM
-Check out Reina tho!!!