S E S S I O N S E V E N

"Throughout this journey of life we meet many people along the way. Each one has a purpose in our life. No one we meet is ever a coincidence"

- Mimi Novic

The room was eerily silent, as the pair stared at each other. It was a moment of observance. As the two stared at each other, Ada quickly speaking to avoid the awkwardness.

"Hello, um it's nice to meet you, My name is Ada. I'll be you therapist over the sum of these few weeks", She spoke,  clearly avoiding eye contact.

"Nice to meet you, Ada", he spoke with a slight accent, one she didn't exactly realize.

If Ada would've known of the emotional attachment, she would have working Amaru's case. She would have passed it onto another colleague.

The duo sat across from each other. Amaru's eyes wondered around,taking in every small detail he could. he was already acquainted with the space. Amaru's eyes were locked on the timid therapist in front of him.

Ada's heels sounded as she walked along the sidewalk leading to her place of work. She knew today was going to be bittersweet, but like all of her cases in the past. The discharge of her clients were steps being take towards a better life along with mental state, and she was the person to give them that push back into reality.

Entering the building, Shauna sat at her desk, and  as usual was not doing anything remotely related to her work.

"He's in there already", She spoke acknowledging Ada's presence. Ada nodded her head, and mentally prepared herself.

Opening the door, she made immediate eye contact with Amaru who sat with a bouquet of red roses in his lap.

"Hello Amaru, I'm glad you were able made it today", Ada said setting her case done.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, these are for you", Amaru spoke catching Ada off guard.

"Amaru, you really didn't have to do this", She spoke as a red hue made its way on her cheeks.

"As much as you have done for me, it was the least I could do", Amaru responded as his eyes followed her across the room as she set the flowers in a clear vase.

"Well thank you, just doing my job", she said as she sat down setting her brief case on the table.

"So this being your last session, I would like to ask you some questions. Is that okay?", Ada asked as Amaru assured her a nod.

"Ask away", He responded, focusing all his attention on her.

"What are you thoughts towards therapy now since you have been in it", She asked, wanting to see if he had changed from the first session.

"I'm not going to lie, when I first decides to get therapy. I didn't think it would help me. I felt as though, it would just be someone here sitting with me listening to my problems and not providing solutions. Now, I realized that it was the best choice for me to do therapy, I was holding shit in for way to long, and wasn't dealing with my problems. This whole experience has helped me in way you wouldn't even think of, Ada", Amaru said confidently as Ada stared in amazement. She couldn't believe this once bottled up man was sitting in front of her was pouring his heart out. She could successfully say she had changed his thought process.