S E S S I O N O N E

"There will always be a reason  why you meet people. Either you need to change their life or you are the one that will change theirs"

Unknown

The room was eerily silent, as the pair stared at each other. It was a moment of observance. As the two stared at each other, Ada quickly speaking to avoid the awkwardness.

"Hello, um it's nice to meet you, My name is Ada. I'll be you therapist over the sum of these few weeks", She spoke,  clearly avoiding eye contact.

"Nice to meet you, Ada", he spoke with a slight accent, one she didn't exactly realize.

"Um, you can have a seat, make yourself comfortable while she grabbed her notes. Her office had a roomy feel, one that she knew would make for a very comfortable setting. The duo sat across from each other.  Amaru's eyes wondered around,taking in every small detail he could.  he was already acquainted with the space. Amaru's eyes were locked on the timid therapist in front of him.

"Um so Amaru can you give me a little introduction, so I can get to know you?", Ada asked still with her head down.  Amaru sightly chuckled at how shy Ada was being, if anything he should be the one that was reserved.

"Yeah, well my name is Amaru Williams graduated college with a business  major. I played ball all throughout college.  I mean that really all, ain't too much to me.

"Oh really how did you enjoy college basketball, Is basketball a passion for you", Ada said glancing up quickly to watch Amaru's facial expressions. The brain gives off involuntary responses when questions are asked. Ada watched as Amaru's eyes lit up.

"Yeah I really did, It was one of the greater parts of my life",  he spoke.

"When you say one of the greater parts of your life, what do you mean by that?", she asked.

" I could tell you, if you would raise your head to look me in my eyes", He said immediately causing Ada to be stuck in place. She didn't notice what she was doing, it was an automatic response for her. She loved her job, she knew how to do her job well but even after all these years she still wasn't use to direct eye contact with new patients.

"I'm sorry, Its an automatic response", She quickly apologized looking once again into his intriguing eyes. He smiled upon seeing her looking directly at him, He couldn't trip he loved the view.

" So um back to the question, when you say one of the greater parts of your life, what did you mean by that?", Ada asked once more.

"I mean that's really all to it, of all the shit that has happened in my life, that was one moment i can see that was truly one of the greatest", He spoke, he didn't want to reveal to much.  Amaru was a very closed off person.  Ada quickly noticed how closed off he was, this would be a tough one to breakthrough.

"Amaru, I would like to know why exactly you need therapeutic help, I read your file, and I really was unable to piece together what is exactly whats going on with you", Ada explained she had spent  the whole night reading his file, most of which was empty. She was granted with missing pieces of information.

"We have more than one session Ms. Ada", He spoke, causing Ada to let out a small chuckle. He was quite the comedian to Ada. Even-though she would have liked to know a little bit more to know what exactly what to go off of.  She looked up at clock above the door.

5 more minutes

She didn't realize how quickly the time had slipped away. She was starting to enjoy the conversation.

".....and I understand that, Mr. Williams your therapist to know a little more about you than just your last name and your underlying dedication for basketball" she said in immediate response.

".....we gon get to that, eventually", He said almost taking on a completely different tone. It was almost perplexed.

"Alright, well that's all the time we have for today", Ada stated clearly agitated by Amaru's ways of non disclosure, but she understood. Amaru was already more of a peculiar patient than her regular divorced patients.

"See you next session, Ada", He stated almost seductively.

"Have a great day, Amaru", Ada replied back staggering her words. His tone of voice thru her completely into a loop.  Ada walked timidly behind Amaru as he headed towards the door, exiting the building. She turned to Shauna, who was grinning so hard.

"Girl, he was fine as hell, he got a brother", Shauna asked

"Shauna stop talking about my patients, and if he did I wouldn't know he barely said anything during his session", Ada explained as Shauna fanned her self dramatically. Ada couldn't help but to laugh at the over exaggerate receptionist.

"Oh so he the mysterious type, girl you bet to hop on that, god knows you need it", Shauna exaggerated.

"...and what is that supposed to mean" Ada asked, raising an eyebrow clearly confused

"Now girl don't play dumb you know what I mean, you need some action in your life, you need a change. switch some shit up. I'm tired of you looking depressed all the time", She responded

"Shauna, I'm not depressed I'm fine the way things are now" , Ada felt her self saying but she knew that Shauna was telling the truth. For a while now she has gotten so close to the edge, the edge that will set her free with her identity and allow her to be the free spirited woman she craved to be, she just simply couldn't get over, not without a little help.

 For a while now she has gotten so close to the edge, the edge that will set her free with her identity and allow her to be the free spirited woman she craved to be, she just simply couldn't get over, not without a little help

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡🅢 🅝🅞🅣🅔

Hey you guys, sorry this chapter took a little longer than I would have liked but I promise I'm getting better. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, Ugh you guys don't understand how much I'm in love with this story and this couple can't wait to see when things unwrap. Hope y'all are ready, Leave some feedback
-Renyxo xX