chapter nine || my unicorn

"Do you want to show Normani your ducks?" Ally asked Dinah, smiling at the two babies sat in the tub. She had a supportive hand behind Normani to keep her upright.

"'ook No'ni," Dinah said, splashing her duck in front of the smaller girl, eliciting loud giggles from Normani. "Quack, quack, quack," Dinah said, letting the duck glide over the water.

Normani kicked her legs excitedly and gurgled, smiling up at Ally who made silly faces in response.

"Are my little raisins done with bath time?" The woman asked, making Dinah shake her head quickly.

"No, mama. I p'ay 'ice," Dinah said, giving Normani another bath toy.

"I know, love. But the bath is getting cold. Don't you want to get cuddly in your pyjamas and watch a movie before bed?"

"Tarzan?" Dinah asked, giving an excited bounce.

"Sure. Let's just get you girls dressed first."

Ally reached to unplug the drain, all the while keeping a hold on Normani who was still babbling and smacking her hands on the rubber ducks floating around her.

"Don't stand up yet, DJ. Okay?"

"'kay, mama."

Ally lifted Normani from the tub, setting her on a grey elephant towel.

"Hi button, you excited to go to bed?" Ally cooed, tickling the baby's tummy.

Normani giggled and kicked her legs out, rolling on her back as the towel was wrapped around her.

"Don't roll anywhere, missy," Ally said, pressing a kiss to Normani's nose before she turned to gather Dinah from the tub.

"My lion?" Dinah asked, pointing to the towel next to Normani.

"Yes, baby. You get to use your lion towel," Ally promised, setting Dinah on her feet and reaching for the towel. She covered the girl's wet hair and then wrapped her up, rubbing her hands over the towel covered shoulders and sides of her daughter to start absorbing the water.

"'arm," Dinah hummed, nuzzling her face into her towel covered hand.

"Let's get you babies even warmer," Ally said, lifting Normani into her arms before gathering Dinah and setting the girl on her hip.

"Tarzan," Dinah said to herself as she was carried to her nursery.

Ally just laughed, shaking her head at Dinah's reminders of what movie she wanted to watch.

In the room Ally got both girls moisturized, covered in their diaper and pull-up, and dressed in matching onesies since the house was warm and she knew they both put up a fight against wearing pants.

Just as she started working on brushing out Dinah's hair Lauren entered the room with a giraffe towel cladded Camila lazily resting in her arms.

"Hey, babe."

"Yeah?"

"Where's the thermometer?" Lauren asked, looking around the room and starting to open various drawers in hopes of finding the device.

"Left drawer under the changing table. Is everything alright?" Ally asked, working through a knot in Dinah's hair.

"Camila's feeling a bit warm. I thought it was because of the bath water but even when the water started cooling down she just kept heating up."

"Oh man. How're you feeling, Mila? Does your head or tummy hurt?" The mother asked, starting to braid Dinah's hair down her back.

Camila just tapped her head with her hand and closed her eyes, very much content in the safe arms of Lauren.