part ten || sick babies

After only three short hours of sleep, Lauren and Ally were startled awake by Camila's frantic cries as she shook Lauren's shoulder in an attempt to wake her up.

"What's wrong, baby?" Lauren asked sitting up and switching on the lamp on her nightstand.

Ally, having noticed the tinge of green on the girl's face and the way her hand clamped over her mouth, quickly picked the girl up and hurried her to the bathroom.

As soon as she was set in front of the toilet, Camila released all her dinner from last night and began to cry harder, shuddering through each breath as she gagged from the smell and the churning of her stomach.

"Get it all out, sweet girl. It's alright," Ally cooed in a soft voice, her hand rubbing soothing circles on Camila's lower back as she reached over to flush the toilet to reduce some of the stench.

When the nausea passed, Camila stood upright from her hunched over position and held her tummy, swaying slightly from the dizziness of having just been sick.

"Do you feel a bit better," Ally asked, grabbing the baby wipes on the counter and pulling one out to wipe the girl's face.

"My tummy," Camila said as she shifted on her feet and whimpered.

"Do you feel like you're going to be sick again?" Ally asked, cupping Camila's cheeks after she wiped them clean.

The four-year-old shook her head but continued her shifting, whining even more as she glanced at the toilet.

"Okay, why don't you sit on the toilet for a bit? Maybe your tummy will feel better after," Ally suggested, removing the girl's pyjamas for good measure before setting her on the toilet seat. "I'm going to check on your sister, but you can call me or Lauren if you need help, alright?"

Camila nodded again before the short woman finally gave her some privacy and left the bathroom.

"Is she alright?" Lauren asked as soon as Ally came out, her arms full of Normani who was wide-awake and in a fresh diaper. Despite the baby's upset stomach, she seemed to be in a far better mood than her older sister was.

"Yeah. I just set her on the toilet for a bit. How's Normani?" Ally asked, rubbing a hand over the baby's head and cringing slightly at the warmth coming off her body.

"She messed up her diaper pretty bad, and she has a fever," Lauren explained, pressing a kiss to the baby's cheek.

"I'm going to get the girl's some water and medicine."

"Check on DJ too. This flu clearly spread between these two faster than we thought," Lauren said, earning a nod from her wife.

"Got it. Keep an eye on Mila."

Ally left the room at that, hurrying down the stairs to grab what she needed.

Not five minutes later she was making her way back upstairs with her hands full of bottles, cups, sippycups, and medicine bottles. She quickly poked her head into Dinah's room, happy to find her little girl still fast asleep with no visible discomfort of any kind.

Back in the master bedroom, she found Normani laying in the crib, her legs kicking up as she tried to entertain herself.

"Hi, babygirl. Where's mommy, hmm?" Ally cooed, setting the stuff down on the nightstand and turning to the baby who gurgled slightly before sneezing. Ally laughed lightly at the adorable action before scooping up the baby and grabbing a tissue to wipe under the girl's nose.

"Let's get you all cuddled in bed again," Lauren said as she walked out of the bathroom with Camila in her arms. The girl looked even more drained if that were possible and her usually tan skin was almost as pale as Lauren's.