vi. golden strife; justin

* pov: third person (justin) *

===

"Wake up, please."

Justin's world wasn't quite whole at that moment. He didn't recognize the voice at all, heck, he didn't recognize the strange yet comforting feel of the bed he was lying on. The air was cold, the air was filled with anticipation. Justin felt a sense of déjà vu.

And he'd certainly gone through this situation a long time ago when he was nine.

"Justin... Wake up..."

He tried to open his eyes. It was hard to do it, but not because of physical discomfort. Some part of his mind was somehow not there. Yet he still felt normal. He obviously did. Today was the morning right after the claiming and he'd been literally dragged to bed, suddenly really tired.

But this feeling. This feeling of his mind dissociating in some way. This feeling wasn't foreign.

"Justin, please wake up..."

He finally found the strength to open his eyes. He was shocked that he even needed to find strength to do that at all. His vision was blurry for a moment, but after a few blinks, he came to focus on the figure who'd been waking him up.

"Finally the sleeping beauty's awake."

He blinked again before coming to focus on the girl.

She most definitely wasn't Tristan. Tristan had jet black hair and wasn't so pale. She, on the other hand, was so naturally white she looked like a statue. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, the same white colour as her skin, and was undoubtedly natural. Her eyes were a dark shade that would probably be violet. Her face was close to his, and he could see the colour of her eyelashes - they were light as well.

Justin knew there was a word for that. He was sure he'd either read or heard about it somewhere.

Albinism.

A condition where the person has almost or no melanin/pigment.

A rare case, judging from her purple eyes.

He groaned a bit and tried to rub his forehead and nearly collapsed if it weren't for the girl gripping him tightly. Reality kicked in that exact moment of human contact, and suddenly his senses were as sharp as they normally were.

He blinked at the girl. "Where am I? Who are you?"

She was surprised for a moment before rubbing the back of her neck. "Right... You're in the Eris cabin. You got claimed by Eris, goddess of chaos and that kind of stuff. I'm the head counsellor - Trinity Strife."

Now that Justin was back to his senses, he could finally register his surroundings and the people around him properly. He normally didn't like to pay much attention, but he forced it.

He registered that 1), the voice that had been talking him to consciousness belonged to the head counsellor that was called Trinity Strife, 2), Trinity Strife was albino, and 3), Trinity Strife was surprisingly pretty kind for a child of the literal goddess of chaos.

But the eyes irked him the most. No, 'irk' wasn't really the right word - he just sort of paid more attention to them. Trinity was friendly, no doubt, but he knew there was a hint of mischief there somewhere. Like everybody he'd met that had a connection to a god that encouraged mischief.

"Oh," Justin blinked again. "Alright. Well... You're the only other child of Eris?" He asked, and immediately regretted it. He was sure he'd seen another person sitting at the table last night.