ix. the golden name; justin [part 2]

* pov: third person (justin) *

===

The children of Pheme and Ares were back to torment him.

Over the course of the days, he'd learnt their names. The children of Pheme, from eldest to youngest, were Delfina Kim, Regina Kim, and Elina Kim, who were in Yvonne and Yzonne's Kindergarten school when they were in Singapore. The children of Ares were Ralph and Genevieve Clyde.

Justin felt relieved to know that Angeline and Sherman were on the verge of disowning their own siblings.

Justin bit back a curse word and decided to try being diplomatic despite the chaos in his head. "Yes, you five?"

"We're not done with you, Noir," said Delfina as she walked closer to him, her blinding highlighter making her already clashing outfit and appearance even more of an eyesore.

Regina put her hands on her hips and threw her head back. "Nobody in this camp lives without us knowing dirt about them!" She walked even closer to him than Delfina did. "So why don't you speak up?"

"I'm not saying anything," growled Justin, glaring hard at them. "You're not knowing anything!"

"Oh, but we will!" Elina remarked, checking her long white nails before staring at him with her purple, definitely contact-lens, eyes. "Just as how we know about your brothers."

Brothers? Justin allowed himself to think, before shaking his head. Whatever. They're gossipers. Not all gossip is true.

"Just go away, you absolutely disgraceful excuses for demigods," snarled Justin as he balled his fists. He didn't forget there were literal children of Ares behind the children of Pheme — He knew he was no match at all for them.

The Pheme kids weren't fighters — They walked, talked, and acted like people who would run away from danger and live only to say how they'd defeated the specific danger. The Ares kids were more of a threat, but analyzing their stance confirmed that they didn't know a sneak attack if it jump-scared them in the face.

But while they can't really effectively dodge a sneak attack, those scars from definite previous fights are proof that they can prepare themselves for one... Thought Justin. He considered his next move for a fraction of a second, and then tried to mask a smirk.

Ares kids aren't so cunning, are they?

"Okay, okay, you got me!" Justin announced, throwing his hands up in the 'surrender' position. "I have dirt about myself that I'd like to announce!"

"What is it?" All three of the Pheme kids said in glee as they all jumped at the prospect of acquiring a new piece of gossip.

"Actually..." Justin thought of lies he could make up on the fly. "I have three pieces of gossip of each member of my gang!"

Now all five demigods squealed and jumped and yelled at him for details. In reality, he knew as much about his friends as he could pass Calculus — well, he could pass Calculus, but an A would be a miracle from the gods. He had to think of something...

"But—" he said, sweating profusely because he knew it wasn't going to go so well, "I have a condition!"

"WHAT!"

"Only the best out of all of you can know it straight from my mouth!" He shouted. "You must prove how strong and capable you all are before I can divulge anything dirty!"