Chapter 13 - The terrible yet good truth

____REWRITTEN____
The silence at 12 Grimmauld Place was suffocating, to say the least. Occupants, young and old were all scared to be the first ones breaking the silence. Why no one spoke was still a question floating in the air. Maybe because then it would mean that this was all real. That the people they had gotten so comfortable with the last two weeks would be gone in just a couple of hours. Minutes even.

George couldn't help it. After his gaze had landed on his two children - his dad instincts first and foremost making sure they were safe and unharmed - before they were quick to locate him. And oh God...did he stop breathing in that single moment. It was like he was back again at school. So many years had passed since he last saw his face. His twin's face. Fred's face. And his familiar sparkling eyes were already looking at George. And they were alive, sparkling with the same mischief he once had himself before it all changed.

George looked away. It was too painful at the moment. He needed more time.

Teddy decided to be the one breaking the tense and shocked silence, feeling the responsibility as the oldest to do something.

"Harry," he walked up to his godfather, the only father figure he ever had, really.

"Teddy."

Harry was trying to be serious, the younger man could see it. But there was the familiar quirk to his lips that told Teddy Lupin everything he needed to know. His godfather wasn't angry. Just a concerned parent like everyone else.

They needed no more words before the two men enveloped in a tight hug. Teddy with assurance and Harry filled with relief seeing his family safe.

"Is everyone alright?" The intimidating figure that was an older Harry Potter finally addressed the room, as there were various responses of confirmation. Some nodded, others muttered sheepishly, too nervous to look any of the adults in the eye.

One of them being the reason they were there in the first place.

"Hugo Weasley."

The fifteen-year-old boy made a startled squeak at the familiar, stern voice of his mother. Finally finding the courage to look up from the floor, he sheepishly met the fiery brown eyes of one Hermione Weasley. Her pointed look was all he needed before rising to his feet and slowly, carefully making his way before her.

"H-heeey mum..." Hugo got out, voice stumbling the slightest. "Great weather we got, right?"

Her eyes simply narrowed at him as he gulped, but before he knew it, Hugo found himself in a bone-crushing hug that almost stopped his blood circulation.

"I was so worried!" Hermione muttered into his shoulder, her son's height being taller than herself by several inches.

Quickly wrapping his own arms around her, Hugo let himself relax, mumbling back dejectedly. "I'm sorry, mum. "

The room came back to life. All the children from the past rose up from their seats and quickly moved to greet their families. Lily sprang towards her dad, arms wrapping around his waist tightly as she tried to hold back her tears. Albus and James flanked her as Harry - not caring about their manly dignity - pulled both of them into the hug as they protested half-heartedly, but nevertheless wrapped their arms around the two.

Molly, the perfect picture of grace and elegance calmly walked up to her own father, accepting his hug and kiss on her forehead as he smiled at her relieved. She didn't move away, instead taking Percy's hand in her own and giving it a squeeze as she noticed his eyes flicked nervously to his family standing only a couple of feet away and watching the reunion almost dumbfounded.