Eyes Wide Open

(I think I might actually just put the songs up here from now on.)

I didn't go back to sleep that night. I sat on the couch or paced until everyone else woke up. Bobby was the first one to come down and was surprised to see me.

"Early riser?" I just looked at him, not responding. "What's got you in a bad mood this mornin'?" I get up and start pacing again, tapping my sheath on the ground.

"Everything apparently." I jump when I hear Dean's voice. I stop abruptly and face Dean. My eyes widen and I rush up to my room, grabbing my sketchbook, running back downstairs, handing it to Dean.

"Have you seen anyone who looked like that before?" I heard Sam thump down the stairs and head towards us. He looked over Dean's shoulder and frowned.

"Is that, Gabriel?" I absent mindedly pick at the handle of my sword.

"So what is he?" Sam looked over to me.

"He's an archangel. Why?"

"Dammit!" I begin pacing again and Sam looks at me, clearly concerned. "He-He came to me around three in the morning and said that he needed to tell Castiel that he was here now. I tried to stop him, but he snapped his fingers and was gone. I ran down here to find both him and Castiel gone. I don't know where he took him, I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologizing? Its not your fault and besides, he wouldn't do anything to Cas." Tears pooled in my eyes.

"I feel like its my fault! I needed to stop him..." I spun around. "I-I'm going to go get some air. Tell me when we're going to leave." I walked out the front door and sat down on the porch. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the tears threatening to spill. I was out there for a few minutes before I decided to go back inside. The boys were packing their things and I just sat down. "I think Dean and Mr. Singer are right. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a hunt."

"Damen..." I shook my head.

"No Sam. I'm too caught up in things right now and besides, I'll only slow you down."

"I thought you wanted to go on a real hunt. You told me yourself."

"I'm staying here, okay. There is nothing you can do to change that."

"Actually, there is." I spun around, my sword already out. "Would you stop with that. I'm not going to hurt you." I avoided his eyes this time.

"Not until you tell me why you're here and why I can't-" I stop myself, remembering the company.

"I thought that was quite obvious." He pushed my sword away again. "Now, you're going on that hunt. You need to get stronger." I sheath my sword.

"I'm not going and you can't make me."

"Now you're acting like a child." He looked straight into my eyes. "You're going on that hunt weather you like it or not." I couldn't move or even respond and I felt Sam look at me worriedly.

"Gabriel, what are you doing to him?"

"Nothing. He just can't look into an angel's eyes without being paralyzed to some extent." He responded without looking away.

"And why is that?" He looked away and I had to hold onto a wall.

"Well, he's special." Bobby came in and sighed.

"Well? This damn thing ain't gonna hunt itself." Everyone, but me nods and starts heading out. I look over to Gabriel and he just smiles, snapping quickly. In a blink of an eye I was in the Impala with him.

"What in God's name are you doing?"

"Please don't use my father's name in vain, and I need to protect you when you make the change."

"I don't understand. What change?" He smiled and looked into my eyes.

"Do you know what I am and why this affects you more when I look at you?" I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. "I am an archangel. Now, imagine how this would be if you looked at God. It'd be a bit weird right? Passing out just after looking into the eyes of a stranger. But God is a bit, busy at the moment, so you won't see him anytime soon." A lollipop appeared in his hand and he put it in my mouth "Cotton Candy. Your favorite." He finally looked away when Sam got into the passenger seat. I blinked several times and took out the lollipop.

"How did you know that it was my favorite?" He shrugged.

"Looking into your eyes is like reading your mind in a way. In one glance I know anything and everything about you." I frowned.

"Wow... What an invasion of privacy..." I mutter under my breath and Dean finally gets into the car. He spun around to face the angel.

"Are you seriously going stay in here, because if you try anymore of that trickster shit on us, you're out."

"I can't promise anything, I am a Trickster after all."

"Wait, didn't you just say you were an Archangel?" He nodded.

"Witness protection." Dean just gave him a glare and turned back around to drive.

"Now, Bobby already did all of the public stuff and has confirmed where the thing lives. We just go in guns blazing."

"Dean, that's not really a plan." I remark, biting on the lollipop out of pure boredom.

"Well, we already know you're good at the talking, taking care of the problem is a different story." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say." I look out the window, absent mindedly staring at the passing trees.

"Dean, you know you're going to have to stay in the car." I heard Sam whisper and I turned all of my attention towards them.

"I'll be fine."

"You could loose control again and you said it yourself, you don't want him involved in this."

"You're right, Sam. I don't."