난 너를 사랑해

~Damen's POV~

I felt myself drifting into unconsciousness, but Gale's soft humming stopped me from falling completely asleep. She began massaging my shoulder blades and the base of my wings. "I bet you're glad I'm studying to be a vet." I nod groggily.

"I'm glad I have friends who care about my well-being." She stopped much to my disappointment.

"You keep saying that like you've never had true friends." I turn around to face her.

"I used to move every three to four years. It was hard to keep lasting friendships."

"That's why you stay in touch." I sighed and turned back around, wincing a little.

"I tried that, but they stopped answering." It was quiet for a moment.

"Damen."

"Hm?" I heard her sigh.

"You know, Bianca really likes you. I'm not saying this to get in between your friendship with Gabriel, but-"

"It's not a friendship." I muttered.

"What?" I twist my body around to a sitting position on the bed and let my nearly tattered wings cover my arms like a blanket.

"It's more like a relationship."

"Oh..." I shake my head, just realizing the whole purpose of him leaving. A hateful smile grows on my lips.

"It's not going to last much longer." I stand up and head to the main room, despite Gale's protests. "Gabriel. We need to talk. Alone." He nods somberly and walks to the kitchen. I start to follow him, but Grace grabs my arm. "How did you get here?"

"I got you back, but we need to talk once you're done." I searched her eyes for something, but all I got was the same uncomfortableness I felt at the hospital. I nodded and headed to the kitchen. Gabriel had his back to me and I could see his wings were looking out of alignment and awkward. I could see them a bit more clearly this time, but it was like if I was looking through fog.

"I'm pretty sure you know why I wanted to talk to you." He stayed quiet. "You left me there as a test-" My voice caught in my throat, the rest of the puzzle fitting together. "You left me there so I could get stronger! You-" Tears pricked my eyes. "Dean was right when he said that I was made to be a weapon, wasn't he? Something that heaven and hell fight over just to destroy the other." The tears poured down. "You sick bastard... You pretend to care about me so I would join your side! To think that I actually loved you!" I laughed. "I could rip your throat out right now... I wouldn't even bat an eye."

"Then do it." He turned around and his face had no emotion. "Kill me if you think it'll do anything." I shake my head. "Why not? If I make you that angry, why not get rid of the problem?"

"Because I'm not a heartless bastard. Now get out." His eyes grew sad. "I said get out!" In a rush of wind, he was gone. I angrily wiped the tears from my face and walked into the main room. Sam stood up and pulled me into a soft hug. It caught me off guard, but I eventually hugged him tightly. He was my last source of comfort in the world. "He was just like all of the other angels Sammy... He was just like the rest of them..."

It was quiet, but then I started hearing muffled voices. I frowned and opened my eyes. I sit up quickly and end up banging my head on Phoenix's. We both clutched our heads in pain and groaned. "Jesus... Let's not do that again..." She hissed. I rubbed my head and took in my surroundings. We were back in Bianca's room and I noticed the dresses on her bed.

"What...happened?"

"Well, you basically fainted after putting your suit on the counter and we had to carry you back to the car. Then you started coughing up blood and muttering about your older brother and Gabriel." I nodded.