Late

(Not my art!!!!!! I wish it was, I'd be proud of myself)

I sat in the same place, with more proper clothing, seeing as how I hadn't just woken up, and put myself together quickly to get some hot cocoa and draw. I had woken up earlier and gotten ready this morning. I silently finished a drawing I had started of Taehyung, the man I met yesterday morning before class started. I didn't realize how closely I paid attention to the shape of his face until I started drawing, and realized I had drawn him. I picked up my book again, and started reading it. "It was instinctive... The way I fell for you, as effortless as an intake of breath..." I quietly mumbled to myself, looking at the drawing, and back at the poem. I sat dumbfounded, not knowing why I felt my heart skip a beat, and my breath hitched. 'Breathing isn't that easy sometimes...' I thought to myself, letting out a breathey laugh to myself. I heard the bell ring, but he didn't walk in. Why had my heart beat so fast? I only just met him. I looked back down, and started to doodle. Just little figures, they had no meaning really, just something for a comic one day possibly. But each one looked like him. 'I'll just... Make him a character in my comic.... With his consent of course...' I thought to myself. Now that I had a full reason to look forward to seeing him, I closed the sketch book, and ordered another hot cocoa.

The bell rang three times more, none of which revealed him. I sighed to myself, my anticipation for him being here took over every other thought. I decided that the fourth time it'd ring, if it wasn't him I'd leave.

Ding.

I looked up, and there he was. My mind went blank, he looked over and smiled at me. I didn't know how to respond. He ordered a drink and sat in the same place. "Hey! Sorry I'm late, I got stuck at work." He said, scratching the back of his neck, and lowered his black cold mask. I just smiled and nodded. "What do you do for a living?" I asked, I didn't know he had a job, although, who wouldn't hire him. "I... I'm uh... an entertainer!" He said the last part a little too urgently. "Oh?" It didn't surprise me, looking at him I should've known he'd have a job that attracted attention to his face. "What kind?" I asked sipping my drink. "I uh... Sing..." he said timidly. He seemed like someone that'd be too shy to sing in front of large crowds, but maybe he didn't act the way I thought he did. "Are you any good?"

"What do you do for a living?" He asked, refusing to answer my question. "Oh! I don't really have a full time job right now, drawing is just a hobby, I do sell mini comics sometimes though." I said smiling. It was a big smile, and I hated it. But he smiled the same smile, and it made blood rush to my cheeks. His where a mild pink as well.  "Could I.... Use you?" I asked, his eyebrow went up and he eyed me. "Wha-"  

"I MEAN AS A CHARACTER IN A COMIC! Sorry, I am so sorry, I should've used more context in that sentence!" I said bowing my head a little bit, only to receive a loud laugh from him.  I looked back up at him. "Go ahead!" He said smiling even bigger. He had an adorable box smile, and I knew I had to use it in the comic. I smiled at him. "Thank you, thank you so much!" I said shaking his hand, it was soft, but rough at the same time, like he took care of himself, but still worked hard. "I meant to compliment you when I walked in, you look good today." He said smiling softly. "Aw... You look good today too! I mean, uh... Not that you don't always-" I cut myself off. He just sat with a blank stare behind me. I took a look, but nothing was there. Then he blinked a couple times before looking back at me. He laughed. "S-sorry... My mind drifted a little there, it happens sometimes." He said with an awkward smile. "It's alright, most creative people do that." I announced, quoting my mother.

🕓🕔🕕

Her eyes could light up a room when she talks about what she enjoys, and she seemed legitimately interested in what I enjoyed doing. The way her cheeks dusted a light pink when we made eye contact, and how awkward she would get, over the little things, such as showing me drawings, and asking if she could use me in a comic. I felt like a teenager again, being around her. "Same place tomorrow?" She asked, her eyes hopeful, I was on break, even then, Jimin wanted to work on a conjoined project, which is why I was late, and I knew I'd have to work on it tomorrow. "Lets go somewhere else tomorrow." I said, looking over my shoulder. "People might recognize me if I keep coming to the same place with the same person everyday." I said, forgetting she didn't know I was famous. "Oh? Ok, that works for me! Where did you have in mind?" She asked pulling out her phone. She pulled up her contacts. "What do you want your contact name to be?" She asked, I was taken aback, women by the hundreds would ask for my number more than once, especially in public or fan signs. "U-Uh..."

"I'll put you under 'Box Smile Boy'." She said jokingly looking up at me smiling. I chuckled a little. "That works actually." I said. "What's your number?" I asked her, pulling out my phone. "(Your phone number here>)"

"I'll call or text you later!" I said smiling. She smiled back, picking up her belongings. "See you tomorrow?"

"For sure!" I said standing up. "Thank you, again, for letting me draw you for my comic." She said, her cheeks flushing pink again. "You're welcome! I'm glad I could help." I said giving her a quick side hug and walking out.

🕓🕔🕕

I blushed, to say the least, as I felt the side of his body pressing against my side. It was a small sign of affection, as a friend of course, but to me it was more. I felt as though my world had began to rotate for the first time, that this is what destiny decided for me. I smiled dumbly at the door, and finally decided to leave, placing a beanie on my head, and placing my coat around my body, and gloves. I left a tip on the table and left.

"Come again!" The lady behind the counter called.