GWYNDALE

The Grand Master of light magic Gwyndale knew that something was about to happen. For two centuries as grand master Gwyndale had not been more troubled. Ancient things more powerful and evil than any dark or light magic is stirring, awakening. Something was about to happen, he knew, something he had never wanted it to happen. 

There were reports of a huge black lightning, and it was the sign of the most powerful dark magic of all time, Gurzuk, being used. It would slowly wipe the strength and magic out of the seven stars, throwing the realms into chaos, and he was forced to close all wizardry institutions and associations, like their fellow dark wizardry counterpart.

No one knows what would happen, but the future of the realms was ominous.

Gwyndale glanced out to the skies overhead, where the Seven Stars still retained its original glory and lust, the amber rays of light dripping down onto the realm as if it were holy water, cleansing everything in sight. Yet with the dark lightning and all the mysterious things happening, Gwyndale was not sure how long the stars could continue to ensure the peace between all the realms.

"Master Gwyndale!" A shout roused the master from his train of thoughts. A disciple ran towards him, "We have found the only existing recount of the Gurzuk!"

"Where?" Gwyndale turned from the window and turned to the disciple, "Show me the way."

The brown paper which was on the verge of breaking apart was finally found in the Library of the Old, where the oldest documents of wizardry were kept. It was torn on the sides, the yellowed sides of the paper were worn with the ages that passed and the ancient runes scripted on the parchment were barely visible.

Gwyndale saw Master Thea bent down, squinting at the parchment. "Master Thea," Gwyndale called out to her. Master Thea smiled when she saw Gwyndale approaching, "Grand Master, you have arrived."

"How long ago was the parchment written?" Gwyndale knew Master Thea learned deciphering ancient scripts for a long time, and she was appointed librarian for the Library of the Old.

"Longer than any being had ever lived, I believe it was a few million years ago. Besides that I have gathered a few other things that you might deem important," Master Thea said, "It was written in considerably unkempt handwriting, which shows it might be written when the dark magic was used. But more importantly was what it wrote. I would say that it is disturbing."

"What does it say then?"

"It speaks of a huge black claw rising from the horizon, consuming the gods, which we could suppose is the seven stars, and the volcanoes shall consume the firerealm and a drought shall cripple the waterrealm, but about the mortal realm, our realm... it simply said that we shall meet our final foe."

Silence hung around the hall for a long time as the duo were in deep thought, but about different reasons, for Gwyndale knew already what was causing the shift of balance in the realms, yet did not want to reveal it. His ancient foe had returned.

Finally, Grand Master Gwyndale spoke, "Call the dark magic wielders from the firerealm and wizards from waterrealm and here, the mortal realm. Something might happen anytime, we must hold a meeting for this, no matter how poor our ties are with dark wizards."