DEMPHIN

Demphin felt the darkness inching closer and closer to him. He had already climbed a long way, and when he looked down even the clouds were already beneath him.

His magic did speed up the climb, but it was too tiring that he already could not feel his hands. Finally, the Seven Stars could be seen above the clouds, the heat, but it was not burning, but instead garnishing him.

Then, from the corner of his eyes, a blinding red flash of light surged towards him, seemingly piercing every part of his body, and he felt his bones in splinters. The darkness passed through him, and he felt numb for a moment, screeches rang in his head, and he felt close to the dark magic, it was... familiar to him.

"Come," Demphin whispered and the darkness entered him. He released his grasp on the tower and the darkness lifted him up, and he shut his eyes tight.

In his mind, his magic took the form of a double-headed serpent, one with a head made of jade and the other was a head made of obsidian, sending him up higher and higher. There was no sound, no sight, no smell, no wind, but he felt himself rising high up.

When Demphin opened his eyes once more, the Seven Stars were just above him, and he could finally feel how weak the stars were now, it was a dull-bluish hue, and was barely a quarter of the moon. They were crying for help, crying to him for help, silently, motionlessly. It was in its last breath, their powers exhaust, and Demphin focused within his inner self to retrieve his magic.

Demphin had his strength back. But this time, it was different. It was not simply the strength of the light magic from Mesir the Ancient, but the strength of balance, the strongest force that connected all -- the light and the dark, the weak and the strong, the millions of beings that wandered the realms and beyond, and even the Seven Stars themselves. The healing staff reappeared in his hand, and he held it towards the stars and concentrated his strength on the Seven Stars...