SERMORPH

Sermorph and Searth walked on like zombies. They had been walking on foot for a very long time ever since Sermorph found Searth lying outside the village. Once or twice all they saw were destroyed villages. The evening was soon arriving, and they had to find a place to rest. 

"Why do you need to keep walking like this? Is it better to fly using your magic?" Searth asked as they sat near a boulder, "And also, where are we going?"

"Magic, eh?" Sermorph chuckled, "How do you expect me to use magic to fly? You have seen the rain of fire last night. It is a sign, that the realms are already a very dangerous place. We could not afford to use magic to fly, in case something like that happens again. It might seem ludicrous, but it is very dangerous to use magic here and now. And as for our destination on this journey, I need to get to the Mortal Realm. That realm is the safest for now, and the strongest masters are there. We should be safe there."

Yet as he said those words, he felt insecure. The words 'They would meet their final foe' from the parchment the light magic masters rocketed in his mind. It certainly did not sound good, and he knew the Mortal Realm was experiencing the calm before the storm, and would not be a good refuge for the days to come. But that was the nearest place he could get to, and they could reach there within a day and a half even on foot.

"Master Sermorph?" Searth looked at him, "Can you teach me wizardry?"

Master Sermorph sighed. Almost once every day she had been asking him to teach her wizardry, but Master Sermorph shook his head every time she said that. "No," Master Sermorph replied, "I already said for the thousandth time that it is harmful to your wellbeing, as those light wizards claim. Anyway, if you want to learn wizardry go to those light wizards."

Sermorph turned around and held out his hands, and warm soup appeared in his hands. "Here is your dinner," Sermorph handed the soup to Searth half-heartedly.

"Thanks," Searth grabbed the bowl, "By the way, what is that in the skies?"

"What--" Sermorph was about to speak, then saw a ball of fire plummetting to the ground. However, when Sermorph squinted at the ball of fire it turned out it was an eagle. A flaming eagle, streaking down onto the ground.

"What is that?" Searth uttered as she stood, and the eagle changed from a smooth plummet into a straight dive. It was miles away from them, but yet they could see it from there, for the flames were like a second sun. Then, it hit the ground on such a fiery it glowed even from where Searth and Sermorph saw it.

Then, the ground between then split apart, and chunks of ground fell apart. Instinctively, Searth leapt over to Sermorph's side before the ground beneath her collapsed. Soon other chunks of ground fell beneath the surface and the realm was transformed into a fiery hell when lava occupied the ground and only pieces of what remained of the ground lingered on the surface, the rest wad turned into a sea of lava, bubbling and churning.

Both of them were dumbfounded for a moment, then Searth grabbed Sermorph's coat. "Quick! We must leave now!" Searth shouted.

"But--"

"Look at all this mess. Firerealm is no more, it is now only a lava ocean. Only your wizardry would save us!"

Sermorph could not believe an entire realm could be destroyed so quickly. Such tremendous force could never be exerted by the Seven Stars, only something much powerful could force the lava deep beneath the Firerealm to rise up and break the ground. Sermorph had totally no idea who did it, and how many lives were lost, but he decided he would figure it all out after he left this burning realm.

"Alright," Sermorph turned to Searth, "Hold on to me tight." Sermorph closed his eyes and muttered, "To the Mortal Realm." Within a split second, the world popped before his eyes and they disappeared.

Back at the burning remnants of the Firerealm the lava bubbled and churned and with the huge winds, they erupted in vicious demeanour.