DEMPHIN

His fears had been proven -- The Gurzuk had been used, and the black lightning had been used, it was not a figment of his imagination. Two days later, news of the meeting among both light and dark magic spread across the realms, held by light master Gwyndale, and here he was now, in the Wizardry Association of the Beginning, largest and oldest of Wizardry Associations in the realms. Wizards dark and light streamed in and out of the gates, and behind Demphin someone spoke, "Hey, Demphin."

"Wait, Felros... you--" Demphin turned to face Felros, partially surprised that she was at a Wizardry conference.

"I'm a water wizard."

"I didn't know--"

"Now you know."

Demphin shrugged as he took a seat behind Felros at the back rows of the hall. He never knew that Felros knew wizardry, but now he was searching for where Ar-Qosh was. Usually, the light and dark wizards did not sit together for their differences and on the other side of the hall almost all the dark wizardry practitioners were, and the light wizardry practitioners sat on his side of the hall.

Demphin surveyed the crowd and finally saw Ar-Qosh, his seat quite a distance away from Demphin's. The meeting started, and Gwyndale strode forward onto the stage, unveiling the parchment. The brown paper was cracked at the sides, and the words were faint.

"I am sure that many of you across the realms have seen The Gurzuk being used. And it is true. So only dark wizards could have been up to these magic," Gwyndale landed his eyes on the crowd of dark wizards, where murmurs of confusion and agitation rippled through the crowds.

"So, it speaks of the eruption of the volcanoes in firerealm, and a massive drought in waterrealm, but it simply says we would meet our final foe in the Mortal Realm. I also have reports that the seas are drying up and the lava streams are gradually increasing in size. What have you to say, dark wizards?"

"We didn't do it!" One shout cried, and soon another and moments later the hall was filled with vulgarities and cries hurled by the dark wizards' disciples. A dark master stood and got up the stage, "Master Gwyndale, it is impossible for any wizard of ours to master the skill of Gurzuk, let alone use it on the realms, we respect if you may not jump to conclusions." The dark master said, and Demphin could feel the fiery in the dark master's voice even if he tried to be polite.

"It is true, Master Gwyndale,"Master Thea stood, "That wizard speaks the truth. No one could use this kind of magic -- at least, in this day and age."

"Fine then, since our master had already spoken," Master Gwyndale sighed, "But there must be someone who used it on the stars and on the realms."

In the end, the meeting came to no conclusion, but Demphin knew that there was more to it, more than a black lightning and a parchment, and this time it matters, for the sake of all the lives of the realms, and for the seven stars.

When Demphin was about to leave the hall with Felros, someone tapped on his shoulder. Demphin turned, and to his surprise, Grand Master Gwyndale stood in front of him. Felros turned, too and was a little startled.

"Demphin and Felros," Master Gwyndale said, "Come with me, we need to talk."

***

Master Gwyndale led them down several passageways into a waste chute, and Master Gwyndale jumped in and disappeared. Both Demphin and Felros followed suit. It was a portal that looked like a chute after all, and they ended up in a room without doors.

"Now we are safe," Master Gwyndale surveyed the room, "So I ask both of you a favour, not too small, not too big."

"And that is?" Felros questioned.

"So I still think the dark wizards are behind this Gurzuk madness. So I would like both of you to go to the edge and get to the stars. Remember all the legends, that far away out of the realms, to the very edge of the outskirts lies the realm, and a tower leads high up to the seven stars. Both of you must save the stars, in case the dark wizards weaken the seven stars even more."

"That... that is a huge request, and why us? I mean, there are hundreds of more wizards that have wizardry powers stronger than our wizardry skills combined," Demphin said, scrunching his face up, "And I do not think the dark wizards are behind this."

"I don't mind if they are behind this or not," Gwyndale replied, "But this is for the fate of the realms, for the greater good. And don't ask why I chose the two of you."

"Fine," Demphin replied, "So we shall leave tomorrow."

"Yes, as early as possible," Finally, a smile showed on Gwyndale's wrinkled face, "You may leave now."