Mysterious Assassin

Mt. Olympus

"Quiet! Now, does anyone have anything to report before this meeting is closed?"

"Yes father, I do," Artemis said. "Lately, the more powerful monsters that you ordered the Hunt to track down and eliminate, have started disappearing."

Zeus looked troubled. "Is this another gathering?" Hera asked.

"No, I don't think so. Most of the time we find fresh monster dust that the wind or elements have yet to completely get rid of. It's as if another person is out there hunting the same monsters as us. But that's not it.

"Both camps have reports of some man delivering demigods to them. Camp Half-Blood to the boarders, and the Wolf House for the Romans. Both Lupa and Chiron have no idea who it is that is doing this. They seem to vanish before either can get close enough to ask or capture him."

"Hmm, this is quite the conundrum, though I'm not sure if it's quite troubling or if this is a good thing. If someone is indeed ensuring that our children make it to camp safely, then surely we should reward him?" Athena asked.

"It wouldn't hurt to bring him in to at least meet this man. Do you think they are connected, Athena, Artemis?"

Both goddess' had faces of great thought and concentration. "I believe they could be, seeing as the monsters that disappear are in straight lines of travel from where the kids claim to be found and where they arrive. It is quite possible that it is the same man," Artemis supplied.

Athena's eyebrows crunched further. "Any ideas on who this mystery man could be?" Zeus asked.

All the gods started trying to have their say. Only the little goddess, whom recently reacquired her seat as an Olympian but chose to stay down at the hearth, kept quiet, along with a steely gazed, green eyed man that sat to Athena's right. Her eyes narrowed at them both, wondering if they knew who it was, or at least had an inclination.

Zeus slammer his bolt on the the ground. "Enough. Since we have no possible conclusions on who this man is, Artemis, you will change directive and start searching for him. He seems to be taking out the monsters for you, so in turn, it should give you ample time to catch up to him." With that, he flashed out.

The others, too started to leave, but Athena spoke up, "Poseidon, Hestia, could I have a word with you two?"

Both nodded and staid back. "You have an idea on whom it could be, don't you?"

Poseidon sighed and shook his head. "To be honest, I hardly paid attention today. The only thing that caught my attention was that a mysterious powerful demigod had just appeared out of no where. I haven't found Percy, and he left three years ago. I know Zeus allowed him to go off with partial immortality in return for his oath to never turn against us and come if needed, but I didn't expect him to stay away or not even talk to me for this long. I was hoping for news that would point to it being him."

Athena nodded, greatly disturbed for her rival. Truth be told, the only reason the rivalry continued was because her pride stood in the way of her true feelings. That, and his marriage to that tramp daughter of Oceanus. Poseidon has been the one to teach her, raise her, and work with her when the other gods didn't give her the time of day, not even her own father. It wasn't until she became an Olympian that he even cared for her. The myth that she sprung fully formed from his head was bogus. She had been nothing more than a toddler, and due to Zeus eating her mother, she herself had her godly growth stunted and grew at a normal humans rate, leading to being shunned by the rest of the gods on Olympus.

Athena shook her head, clearing the thoughts of the past out. Her eyes turned to Hestia, her Aunt. "Oh, me?" she asked. "I know where he is. The burning fire of hope inside of him was almost extinguished. Olympus nearly fell because those campers ruined him. It took everything I could do to bring him around and make him feel loved again. Especially after Sally and Paul died in that horrible wreck. Percy was devastated. As to the man, I couldn't tell you for sure, but you two might be looking in the wrong places for answers. Or in the right places the wrong way. One plus one equals two, but two and two can be one," she giggled, and disappeared in flash of flame.