How To: God Slaying For Dummies

Percy brandished Riptide as he stared down his most powerful foe to date. Asura. An evil spirit from Japan. He embodies fear and hatred yet shows none of himself. He thrives off of chaos and destruction. It oozed paranoia and psychosis. And somehow Percy had been separated from the other God Eater's and this ugly thing had shown up. Not that he was upset. It was one of the god's they had to kill anyway, spouting it's "I'll end the world," nonsense as most evil god's do.

Still, he was a powerful enemy and to face it alone was absurd. Reaching deep inside himself, he called upon the God Slayer magic his Master had taught them all. Soon he was surrounded by a visibly red aura and he could feel the increase in his strength and other abilities. He shot off like a rocket towards Asura.

The demon himself had yet to make a move, yet once Percy came in range, he moved fast, faster than Percy expected, and swatted him away like a pesky fly. It's strength and speed were unreal. Not even his God Slayer magic could compete with it. 'In that case,' Percy thought. He put away Riptide and pulled out a weapon he hardly touched. It was a scythe given to him by Thanatos for helping him on several occasions. It seemed to be far more powerful than any of his other weapons which his Master had taught him to enchant onto his body. Thanatos never said who made it or whom it belonged to before, but even his Master had commented that it was extremely powerful.

The God Slayer magic reacted with new weapon and seemed to grow in amplification. This time when he took off at Asura, he crushed the ground beneath him with the amount of force he exerted. Rolling his eyes and feeling like a cartoon character, he realized that with enough strength anything was possible. Asura's hands came up to crush him between themselves this time, but Percy could see his movements and react now.

He swept the scythe around and lopped off two fingers from the right hand and three from the left. Asura screeched in pain and pulled his hands back. It lasted for only a few seconds before the fingers were back, having been regrown. Percy's eyes widened. 'Great. I'm going to have to mincemeat this guy to death at this rate.'

Asura's hand came down, hitting the ground and narrowly missing Percy. He had Riptide in his off hand and drove it through and into the ground, pinning Asura in an awkward position. It's other hand came around to swat Percy away and help move its hand, but Percy slid under the appendage and with a quick flick of his wrist, sent it's hand spinning off, no longer attached to the arm. Taking the opportunity, he made a swipe at Asura's neck, only for its mouth to open and a beam of pure energy came boiling out at him.

He dodged it and the arm he had cut off was replaced and again swatted him away. "Looking rough there, Perce," a voice said, standing over him.

"Zania–" he got a nice hard punch to the top of his head curtesy of the woman in question.

"What did I say about you calling me that outside of just us?" she growled.

Percy glanced around and only then noticed the other God Eaters were there. "Ah, sorry Master," was all he got out before Asura snatched her up.

"Zania!" he shouted. That was the last he saw of his mentor, his teacher, and his lover.

It was also the last time Asura drew breath. After she disappeared to wherever Asura sent her, Percy's aura swirled around and grew to unimaginable sizes. It was nearly oppressive to the other God Eaters that had shown up. With a devastating uppercut from his scythe, he split the God in two and muttered an incantation causing the god to burst into black flames and dissipate.

No one dared approach the demigod for some time afterwards and from there on, he lead the God Eaters on a war of destruction to all evil gods. No one held a candle to his pure rage and anger he held when he entered a battlefield. No god gave him a challenge more than a slight annoyance. He was unstoppable.

Until he came upon the Norse Goddess Hel who said his master wasn't dead. He had no words for it. He left the God Eaters to search for a way to bring her back. In doing so, he came across a dream realm.