The Selection

3 Months Later:

"Come on, Jason! You can do better than that." Percy was antagonizing his pupils, and soon to be fellow guardians. He goaded them into outrageous attacks, since it was the last day. They'd already past selection requirements. Now it was just to hone their skills.

Jason struck out, but Percy easily caught his wrist and threw him off balance. "Alright, that's enough. Everyone needs to go get ready. We have little time left."

Artemis approached him after they all started to head to their bunkhouses. "It just occurred to me. Didn't you say the pairings had to be of opposite genders?"

Percy nodded. "But I already knew this team wouldn't be balanced so I asked the Creator."

"What did he say?" she asked.

"He laughed at me." Artemis raised a brow in question. "Apparently he or she is quite the jokester. They had no intentions of really making me keep to the opposing gender idea."

"Then I can get a female guardian?"

Percy shook his head. "No. I can't allow that. And not just because I want to oh so dearly be treated like dirt by your hunters. I've done the math and based on most the Olympian's preference's, the only other Olympian that would take me would be Lady Hestia. But for certain reasons that wouldn't work."

Artemis nodded. "Well then. Go get cleaned up. The meeting starts in an hour."

- - -

Zeus slammed his bolt into the floor, dramatically starting the meeting. "We are here to choose our Guardian. Perseus, I see you've brought them. Who do we have to choose from? All Olympian children?"

Percy looked up at him. "No. Actually there are two children from the minor goddess'. These are not only the most skilled demigods we had to work with, but they have the widest skill set across the board. We have Clarrise, a daughter of Ares; Piper, daughter of Aphrodite; Gwen, daughter of Ceres; Hazel, daughter of Pluto; Reyna, daughter of Bellona; Lou Ellen, daughter of Hecate; Katie, daughter of Demeter; Jason, son of Jupiter; Frank, son of Mars descendant of Poseidon; Nico, son of Hades, Connor and Travis, twin sons of Hermes; Dakota, son of Bacchus; Will, son of Apollo; and of course, I am already Lady Artemis' Guardian. The Stoll twins come as a set. They work well together, and aren't to be separated.

"We should start with the female goddess'," Percy continued. "Hestia, if you would? Now, I've been informed that the rule that it has to be opposite gender won't need to be adhered to, but you still can't have your own child."

Hestia stood up. "I would like your input, Percy. Who would best represent my nature?"

Percy looked at his trainees. "Would you prefer male or female?"

"Female, if I could?"

"Of course, Mother." A lot of eyes widened and gasps sounded around the room. "I'd definitely recommend Katie Gardner to you. She fits your personality the best. And she is also plenty skilled enough to take care of you."

Hestia smiled and nodded. "Thank you." Katie approached Lady Hestia. There she received her partial immortality and the blessing of Hestia.

"Next would be Lady Hera," Percy announced. "I would like Jason. He is my champion, as well as like my own son." Percy nodded, and Jason approached and received his blessing as well.

"Lady Demeter?" Percy said.

"Nico. I want the son of Hades. He's become like a son of my daughter in more recent times, and I wouldn't have anyone else." Nico approached his surrogate grandmother. He glowed green at her blessing and then sat in a chair that she procured for him at her side, as had the other two.

"Oooh ooh me next! I want the son of Bacchus! He did well on the Field of Mars when you gave him the Eagle Standard." Percy grimaced at being interrupted but nodded. Dakota glowed pinkish red, and took his seat.

"Next would be Lady Athena."

Athena sat there for a full five minutes analyzing the remaining candidates. "I want the son of Mars. A true tactician if I've ever seen that isn't one of my own children." Again, Frank received the blessing and sat.

"Okay, the males now. We'll start with Lord Zeus as the King, and Lord Hades as eldest following that."

Zeus looked about. For once he wasn't looking at how the women looked, but who would be able to wield his blessing to the utmost. "The daughter of Hecate. She will be a fine vessel for my blessing."

Perseus growled. "They are not toys or vessels. They are your protectors. I'm glad you chose with thought, but don't call them vessels."

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but Zeus just nodded. "Good, now go to your charge Lou Ellen."

Hades chose Clarrise, Poseidon chose Hazel, Ares chose Reyna, Apollo chose the twins, Hermes chose Will, Dionysus chose Piper, and Hephaestus chose Gwen.

All the gods seemed rather happy with their choice of Guardian, and none of the Guardians looked upset with their charges. "Alright, alright. Ok. I need the guardians to come her for a second. I had some things made for us. Well, still at the behest of The Creator, but still." Percy procured cloaks for each guardian. They were all black, but if you looked closely, the edges would shimmer and change to represent a specific gods's color. Such as Zeus' was blue, Poseidon's was green, so on and so forth.

As the meeting ended and everyone cleared our, Percy walked around Olympus. He found an alleyway that was off the beaten track and now one in it. There he stumbled and collapsed. A fit of coughing brought up blood. But it wasn't just red. Now, and it had been this way for about a year now, it glittered with more gold, meaning his godly side was trying to take over.

He'd either eventually become a god, or he'd burn up in the process. That's what happens to demigods that don't have a power limit. Zeus was never truly afraid of him taking his thrown, not after the Second Titan War. He was afraid that he'd become a god without the council's approval. And now, thats exactly what was happening.