Psychiatric Progress Note 2: 11/2/14

Patient Name: O’Byrne, Kellin Jack

Date of Birth: ??/??/1989

Sex: Male

Medical Record: #1004

Identification:

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5”7’

Recorded November 2nd, 2014

Failed force examination on October 29th, 2014 has been recorded. Patient fought nurses in his sleep while they attempted to draw blood. No further attempts have been made. Patient still suffers from nightly anxiety attacks and nightmares, ranging from 5-10 minutes. Patient continues to deny any of them.

Patient willingly takes dosage of Phenobarbital every night but still fails to sleep peacefully.

Patient had interacted with one nurse on November 1st, 2014 an hour before his session. Nurse Gwen Kelley is twenty-six years old with honey eyes, fitting the description of the ‘Keenan’ in Mr. O’Byrne’s alleged memories. He had asked to play chess.

Sessions:

Sessions are recorded. Patient continues with the stories of his brother and exaggerated situations with ‘Keenan’, a potential imaginary character that O’Byrne finds high interest in. After suggesting that said character may not be real, patient showed signs of anger and aggression, but no physical assault was conducted.

Patient shows many signs of mixed delusional disorder which should be examined further. Nurses are required to not mention anything against O’Byrne’s delusions until medications are prescribed. High observation shall continue.