Chapter 1

It was him. It has always been him. No one believed me. Only my best friend did. His name... well let's keep that information for later. 

"What's poppin'?" My best friend approached me. 

"Hey Christina!" I looked up from my phone to hug my best friend. 

We linked arms and walked through the mall. Every now and then we would walk into our favourite shops and browse at all the options the store was selling. 

"Would I look good in this?" I picked up crop top, that was super revealing, and held it against my chest jokingly.

Christina laughed at me. "No way." She took the crop top off me and put it back on the rack.

We laughed about it for the next few minutes before Christina had to answer a phone call. She stood in front of me talking to someone. 

"It's Corbyn." She whispered.

"Hi Corbyn!" I yelled into Christina's phone. 

She laughed and continued talking to her boyfriend. 

"Corbyn says hi." She told me and I smiled at her.

As Christina was talking to her boyfriend, I kept on browsing at the clothes in the shop that we were currently in. There was nothing in particular that I wanted so I just kept looking at all the trendy clothes. 

"Bye Corbyn. I love you." I turned around to see Christina about to end the call. 

"I love you, Corbyn!" I cuffed my hands over my mouth so Corbyn could hear me.

Christina laughed at me before ending the phone call she just had with her boyfriend.

"I'm such a third wheeler." I placed one hand on my hip and Christina slipped her arm through mine.

"Yes you are. I need to find you a boyfriend." She told me before we left the store.  

Christina and I continued shopping for another hour. We did the same thing over and over again. Walked into a store, looked at everything and if we wanted an item, we would buy it and if not then we left the shop and went into the next one. This went on for quite some time. 

I was in line at Starbucks buying a cool drink for myself and Christina when the quiet coffee shop became noisy. I looked up from scrolling through my Instagram to see 2 teenaged boys around my age. Only one was wearing a cap but the boy had his on backwards. It was black and wore a black Guns n Roses shirt along with black ripped jeans and checkered vans. 

The other boy wore a black shirt with a white logo on the front in large writing that read Why Don't We. He also wore black jeans that weren't ripped along with maroon and white vans. My  attention was on them because of how loud they were but also because of the words in the logo on the shirt the boys without the hat wore. I tilted my head slightly to see if I had recognised that name before. I looked away and texted Christina. 

I knew Christina's boyfriend, Corbyn, was in a band because she had told me about them before but I couldn't remember the name so I asked her what it was called. She texted back saying 'They're called Why Don't We'. I could've called her over but she was too entranced in what was on her phone to notice. I looked back over to where I last saw the two boys but they were gone. I looked around the coffee shop for them so I could take another look at that boy's t-shirt but couldn't find them.

My eyes were searching for them until they were found. My eyes met with the boy whose hat was on backwards. They were a beautiful ocean blue colour. He smiled at me and I nervously looked away. I looked back at him then saw his friend who was slightly taller than him. His friend was wearing the Why Don't We shirt. As I was about to ask them about the band, the worker at Starbucks called on me. 

I gave the two orders for her, paid for the drinks and waited until my name was called to receive the drinks. The two boys were waiting behind me to order and I waited until they had finished before I asked them. I took in a deep breath before gaining the confidence to talk to the strangers I had just seen.

"E-excuse me?" My mouse like voice croaked. 

They both turned around and the boy with the backwards hat smiled at me again. 

"Yes?" I could tell he was interested to know what I had to say.

"I was wondering about the name on your shirt?" I looked at the tall boy with the Why Don't We shirt on.

"It's the name of our band." The tall boy answered.

"That's very interesting because my friend's boyfriend happens to be in that exact band." I told them.

"Would it be Corbyn?" The boy with the bright blue eyes wearing the backwards hat looked at the other boy.

"Um, yeah. That's really funny. Never thought I would meet Corbyn's bandmates like this." I chuckled to myself. 

"Two venti chocolate frappes for Sam?" The worker from earlier called my name out. 

She handed my two drinks over to me and I walked past Corbyn's bandmates. 

"Well see you 'round." I smiled at the two boys.

"Hey, uh, Sam?" I turned around to see the boy with the blue eyes call my name.

"Yeah?" I waited for him to say something. 

"I was wondering if we could sit with you? If that's alright with whoever the other drink belongs to." The boy asked me.

"Yeah, for sure. It's just my friend Christina. I'm sure you know her already." I agreed to let the boys sit with us.

Both boys followed behind me after the collected their drinks. 

"Just wait here." I told them before I gave Christina her drink.

"Finally! What took you so long?" She asked as I placed her drink on the table.

"I met Corbyn's bandmates." I looked over at them nodding my head for them to join us.

"Is it alright if they join us?" I asked her. 

"Yeah. I don't see why not." She agreed and the boys sat down with us. 

"Hey guys! How's it going?" Christina asked them.

"Yeah. Pretty good." The blue eyed boy took a sip of his drink.

"I, um, never got either of your names." I said to the two boys sitting across from Christina and I.

"Jonah Marais." The taller boy replied and I nodded.

"Daniel Seavey." The blue eyed boy answered.

That was a name I was never going to forget.