Chapter 13

"I ran into Veronica in the bathroom." I spoke up. 

"And?" Jonah took my hand. 

It was more of a friendly gestured that he's concerned. I licked my ice-cream before talking. 

"She wanted to know if Daniel and I dated. I told her we had a thing but it wasn't official." I recapped the story to Jonah. 

"Well that is true." Jonah added.

We walked along a path which lead us to the beach. By that time, my ice-cream was finished. 

"Daniel came up to me, when you were in the bathroom. He wanted to know if our relationship was real or not. I said it was but he looked upset. I guess he thought you had moved on and that's when he left to suck Veronica's face off." Jonah explained. 

"Yeah. That was the worst thing I've ever seen." I commented and shuddered at the thought. 

"Don't remind me." Jonah chuckled.

We continued walking along a boardwalk which was next to the beach. It was a beautiful sight and the beach always helped me to relax. My phone vibrated meaning I got a text. It was from Christina. Hey Sam, Sam! Corbyn just randomly invited a bunch of people over and now there's a party here. Come back to the WDW house and we can dance! See you soon xx. I laughed once I finished reading her text.

"What?" Jonah wondered what I was laughing at.

"Christina texted me saying that Corbyn invited people over to your house and now there's a party going on." I told him.

"Only Corbyn would do that." Jonah shook his head laughing.

"Shall we attend?" I stopped in my tracks.

"Yep!" Jonah smiled and we ran back to the ice-cream parlour.

We hopped into Jonah's car and he drove us back to the Why Don't We house. We pulled outside and couldn't park anywhere because there were people everywhere. We had to ask the neighbours if we could park in their driveway and they gladly agreed. Jonah and I got out of his car and walked across the lawn to the Why Don't We house. 

I looked around and saw people dancing, drinking, making out, sitting on the grass. I think I saw someone throw up in the bushes. I grabbed Jonah's hand as we made our way to the front door. The whole front room was full of people. This party was huge. Dua Lipa's Blow Your Mind was blasting through the whole house. I finally found Christina who was dancing with Corbyn. Jack and Zach were smooth stepping nearby and Daniel was nowhere in sight. I approached Christina and Corbyn. 

"WHERE DID ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM??!" I shouted over the music. 

"NOT SURE BUT THIS PARTY IS LIT!" Corbyn yelled back.

"HAVE YOU SEEN DANIEL?!" I asked Christina.

"I THINK HE'S IN HIS ROOM!" Christina told me. 

I nodded and took Jonah with me to find Daniel. We pushed our way through the crowd to upstairs. We stood outside Daniel and Jack's room before entering. I opened the closed door and saw Daniel and Veronica sitting on the edge of Daniel's bed. Veronica looked like she had been crying and Daniel was comforting her.

"Hey. Is everything okay in here?" I stepped into the room with Jonah behind me. 

"Um, yeah. I'm fine." Veronica wiped her tears away.

"Sam, could you leave us?" Daniel asked before I could say anything else.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes and shut the door. 

"I actually can't believe him!" I scoffed rather loudly.

"Sam, you'll be okay." Jonah assured me by placing his hand on my shoulder.

"First he's texting her, then she's glued to his side, then they're sucking faces and now he's comforting her. Ughh! This is so annoying!" I complained to Jonah.

"Hey, hey. You're gonna be alright. These things happen. Just give him some time and hopefully he'll come around. He should still be your friend, that's for sure." Jonah responded.

"Yeah. He's just being stupid." I sighed.

A second later, Jonah's phone dinged. 

"It's Corbyn. He says that we should perform some songs now." Jonah read the text aloud.

"I guess that means, getting Daniel." I added.

"Yep." 

We were still standing outside the bedroom door for the past few minutes. 

"Uh hey. It's us again." I knocked on the door before opening it.

Behind the door revealed Daniel and Veronica kissing, instead of Daniel comforting her, like we saw previously. I tensed up causing my hands to form fists. 

"What?" Daniel groaned. 

"Corbyn wants us to sing." Jonah answered.

"Okay I'll be there in a minute." Daniel replied. 

Jonah's phone dinged. It was Corbyn again. Asking if Daniel was coming. 

"Corbyn wants us now, dude." Jonah pressured. 

"I'm coming, jeez." Daniel got up and pushed past Jonah and I. 

I just looked at Jonah and he shook his head meaning I shouldn't worry. 

I finally unclenched my fists revealing 4 red crescent moons on my both of my palms. I gasped at the sight not knowing what to do. 

"Sam!" Jonah gasped. 

"It's okay. We can sort it out later. You've gotta sing." I told him. 

"Yeah, okay." Jonah replied and I followed him to a stage that was being set up.

"Excuse me! Hey everyone. I'm Corbyn, the host of this epic party." Corbyn spoke into a mic that boomed through the whole house causing everyone to turn their attention on him.

"My fellow bandmates and I would like to sing some songs for you party people!" Corbyn continued.

He looked around to see Zach and Jack walking on stage. Jonah and Daniel were getting their in-ears put in. I was standing near the front, but not the very front. 

"Hey everyone! I'm Jack!" Jack spoke.

"And I'm Zach."

"I'm Jonah." Jonah appeared on stage.

"And I'm Daniel."

"And, we're Why Don't We." They all said in sync. 

"We're gonna start with our newest single, Trust Fund Baby." Corbyn added before the music began.

The lights were dimmed all around and Christina bumped into me. 

"Hey! Haven't seen you in a while!" Christina hugged me.

"Hey! Yeah, it hasn't been that long. I'm so excited to hear this song live!" I squealed. 

The song began and Daniel was the first to sing. He stood in the centre of the stage, at the front and held the mic tightly. 

"I don't wanna girl who gets a car for her sweet 16. 

Or spends a stack of dollar bills on a limousine

I want a girl who takes the bus and who wears baggy jeans

Rockin' Nike Airs-"

"What the hell are louboutins?" They all sang.

"Don't want no fake tan, short skirt, daddy's money don't work

Shop until you drop on the town

I want a smart girl, stronger than her father

Someone who will laugh at tryna fit in the crowd." Daniel finished his part. 

Christina and I were jamming out to the song. It was so much fun. I had an awesome time dancing.