5. Save ME

"Pirisoril ttarawa~"

"Oooh~"

"It should be illegal," Kang So Min muttered under her breath, her eyes fixated on Kim Seokjin as his voice blended melodiously with Jeon Jungkook's. "So much beauty should be illegal."

Ji Ah shot her a contrite look, a sign of warning on her face as she adjusted the camera lens before handing it over to Jae Chan. The videography team was currently gathered in Bangtan's studio to cover the recording of Pied Piper. PDogg, their burlesque, executive producer, was monitoring the boys' progress as they took turns to sing and rap their respective parts.

"Namjoon-ah," he said through the mic attached to the control board, "you'll need to be a little more audible. The sound of the pipe is overlaying yours."

The rapper nodded as he attempted to rap once more, this time heeding PDogg's advice. He and Yoongi added a few more modifications to the song while Hoseok inquired whether the overall effect of the tune could me magnified, especially with regards to the intensity of the pipe.

Ji Ah was awed, never before having engaged herself with the making of an album in such close quarters. The tenacity of the members and their strong determination to ensure the deliverance of a perfect song was an impressive sight to behold.

"I wonder how they do it," So Min mused as they filed out of the room, making their way towards the refreshment counter. "Write, produce, sing, rap. It's incredible!"

"No kidding. They don't miss a beat. And I can barely drag myself out of bed every morning," Ji Ah deadpanned, her skin still tingling with the deep undertones of Namjoon's voice. "Though I wonder how ARMY will react to the lyrics of the song. Namjoon and the boys have really outdone themselves with this one!" She laughed but instantly chastised herself for addressing him by his name. I need to be more mindful.

So Min peered at her friend teasingly, but any suceeding retort was buried beneath Jae Chan's words.

"We're moving to the practice room in fifteen!" the videographer announced as he gulped the last dredges of his lukewarm beverage. Ji Ah and So Min grabbed the coffee mugs lying on the counter, draining them dry as they scrambled to take up their positions.

Dance rehearsal huh, Ji Ah thought, this should be fun.

Bangtan's practice room resembled the one Ji Ah had seen in a couple of Bangtan Bombs. It irked her to admit that she had occasionally indulged in them, Namjoon's dancing skills always providing an enjoyable reprieve. He had certainly improved over the years, but the stiffness hadn't quite left his bones.

A stiffness which seemed amplified today. Son Sung Deuk, their suave choreographer, shook his head in exasperation as Namjoon flailed his arms out of formation for the millionth time. Seokjin seemed to be struggling too, but even he was surprised at the rapper's more than usual lack of balance.

"Kim Namjoon!" Sung Deuk exclaimed in frustration. "What is the matter with you today?"

Namjoon apologized profusely as he tried to focus. Ji Ah watched as the practice session continued, her eyes following every movement Namjoon made intently, much to her chagrin.

And he was acutely aware of it. Namjoon had always been conscious where dancing was concerned, but Ji Ah's presence exacerbated his embarrassment whenever he made a mistake. For the life of him, he couldn't comprehend why it mattered. Namjoon just knew that it did.

The electro-pop tune of DNA reveberated within the space as Bangtan continued to toil and train. Hoseok and Jimin constantly assisted the others, and as the hours ticked by, Namjoon, too, had gotten a handle on his situation. Sung Deuk allowed the members to take a break, his words eliciting a collective sigh which resonated throughout the room.