27. Crystal Snow

Hey guys! So Wattpad's been acting up a lot recently :/ In case y'all didn't receive a notification, there's a chapter before this one. I hope you're not confused! Thank you and enjoy reading!
                                 -----

"“Kimi wo dakishimetai,

Kiete shimau mae ni,

Mou ichido~”

“I bet my Ryan doll it’s going to snow tonight,” Namjoon stated, flicking his eyes upwards and surveying the dark clouds hovering above them. The second day of the Wings final episode had ended just a couple of hours ago and Ji Ah had lugged him away, claiming he needed a breather and some free time before the last leg of the concert. It was nearing midnight as she and the rapper bustled down the streets of Gangnam, Namjoon’s mask drawn up to cover his face. He didn’t really need to since the pedestrian traffic was relatively less owing to the late hour but Ji Ah didn’t want him to take any chances.

“Which one? Seeing as how you have only like…a thousand of them,” she teased, rolling her eyes exaggeratedly and Namjoon pouted. Most of the shops they strolled by had been shut except for a few overnight ones which operated 24/7. Some of the storefronts were dappled with Christmas decorations, tiny Christmas trees positioned at intervals in the vestibules, twinkling lights draped over them which illuminated the colourful ornaments garnishing their pine-crusted branches. The videographer admired the brilliance of the décor, her eyes appreciating the care with which they had been erected.

“On second thought, I’ll retract my words because I’m sure it’s going to snow,” Namjoon huffed and Ji Ah chuckled, patting his cheek with her gloved hand.

“Don’t worry, Joon-ah. If it does snow, I’ll make sure to cover you,” she assured him sweetly but the rapper merely raised an eyebrow. The night was crisp and the scent of cinnamon and waffles wafted in the air from a few cafés which were still operational in the area.

“With what exactly? Seeing as how we don’t have any umbrellas,” the rapper observed and Ji Ah grinned, stepping away from him and spreading her arms wide.

“With my love, darling. What else do we need?”

“How incredibly sappy,” Namjoon murmured but Ji Ah didn’t miss the red tint coating his cheeks as he blushed despite his flippant comment. She laughed and the sound bounced off the pavement in a cheerful hum. The brunette-haired woman wrapped her arms around the rapper’s waist and he squeezed her in return. “You’re uncharacteristically peppy tonight,” he said after a few moments of blissful silence. “Are you going to prank me or something?”

But Ji Ah didn’t answer, burrowing her face in Namjoon’s neck and inhaling the scent of his skin: pine and berries. There was something bittersweet underlying every action she had engaged in tonight and the rapper had picked it up. Something was definitely off but he couldn’t place a finger on it. “Ji Ah?”

“Relax, Joon-ah. If I was going to jump your bones I wouldn’t have hauled you out here in the open,” she joked but Namjoon could sense the forced nature of her statement. But when he pulled back to study her, the smile on Ji Ah’s face wiped everything from his mind and he found himself returning it despite his concern.

“Well, I don’t think I would’ve minded that,” he replied cheekily, yanking her closer. “I would’ve rather liked it, actually.”

A sly look crossed Ji Ah’s face. “Well of course you would. I should be the one displaying any reluctance,” she remarked seriously but Namjoon only laughed. After a few moments elapsed, the videographer joined too, chuckling with him and wading between the trees dotting the sidewalks and glittering with sparkling stars and bells which swayed in the breeze.