Prologue

Link, the chosen hero of the goddesses, had done his job. He expelled perpetual twilight from Hyrule and in the meantime had defeated Zant, and his ruler Ganondorf. The wielder of the Triforce of Courage has defeated the wielder of the Triforce of Power. The citizens of Hyrule that were living unknowingly in the twilight were now back to the life that Link had sacrificed for. And by sacrificed, it's meant that his sanity has diminished.

When Link was in his home in Ordon Village, he figured he would amount to a lot, but in the sense of a villager. He was a great swordsman-in-training, assisted Fado at the ranch herding goats and was the one all of the girls were after. But after Zant entered the kingdom with negative intentions, everything changed, and everyone's fate was rewritten.

Link's closest friends were kidnapped by the dark, evil creatures Zant had brought with him. In his quest to rescue his fellow villagers, he learned of his true destiny. He was the chosen Hero of Time, the reincarnation of heroes of Hyrule past. His cursed imp friend, Midna, who was from the Twilight Realm herself, just as Zant was, joined him in his quest to not only rescue the ones he held dear, but the world.

The last the only person he felt could understand his hardships had seen him, he was riding away from the heroic act he had performed to another adventure; whatever the goddesses find in store for him.