Author's Note

Before anything, I would like to thank you for reading! I would hope that if you're reading this then you've read at least some of this fanfiction.

This has been my first work on Wattpad, first fanfiction ever, and the first story I have ever written about The Legend of Zelda.

I began this in May and I'm writing this on June 29th. This has been a long journey, but not really. I've stayed up many a night writing this and have written lots on the app when I was out and about. This kind of became my life!

The Legend of Zelda is my obsession and my life. I could write a Twilight Princess retell right off of my memory and tell you exactly where every heart piece is. Even though I love it to my game over, I think my writing is better suited for non-gaming topics. I'm not saying that I wouldn't write about Zelda again, but maybe other topics will show up on my profile.

This, even if it isn't my forte, has been my favorite piece of writing I have ever created. I know most certainly that it needs work if it was to be professional or monetized in any way, but this has been just for fun.

There are a lot of mistakes in this fanfiction, especially when it comes to continutiy or the timeline. For one thing, no one understands that crazy timeline fully... I've tried. I do know it though, and I understand that some of my events in this are jumbled timeline-wise, but I am aware. I don't encounter many timeline sticklers, though.

What I'd like to ridicule myself a bit about was my perspective switch in Chapter 1: Unwanted Power. The dream Link was having was to be in his point of view, in first person, but I switched to third person before he woke up and kept that perspective throughout the rest.

Also, this story was to be much darker than it turned out to be. That's why I originally rated it PG, because there was going to be a lot of darkness in it. Originally, I planned to have Link to be so distraught over Midna that he killed Zelda to obtain the Triforce of Wisdom, but then realized that if the Full Force is touched by an impure heart, then it breaks apart again. I could've written around that, but I also decided it'd be a bit unrealistic for him to be so desperate.

That is also the reason why it is called Link's Desperation instead of Link and Zelda's Desperation or something to that effect, because I planned to have Zelda be cold and cruel and for her to not play such a huge part. Personally, against many other fans' opinions, I find this Zelda to be very sweet and kind, but hidden behind watching her kingdom fall to shambles, and not having her people understand why she surrendered instead of fighting.

It is very difficult for me, as a young writer, to write about romance. I had to fight to get romance into this, and I'm still not happy with how it turned out.

I am sure that this work is completed, and perhaps another unrelated Zelda work will surface on my profile, and perhaps a completely gaming unrelated work will show up as well. I don't like getting followers that enjoy my gaming work and then writing realistic or historical fiction though.

If I get very, very hungry to write more about this, the best bet I have is writing about Midna's side in all of this. I'm not too much of a big fan of this, because I imagine the Twilight Realm to be much like The Dark World from A Link to the Past or Lorule from A Link Between Worlds. I don't want a Twilight Princess fanfiction to be based mostly off of another game's map. I would have a much shorter and less detailed fanfiction if I did this, probably just a short story.

Out of everything, I am incredibly satisfied with my first Wattpad work and I appreciate you reading this. If you would like to reccomend anything or would like to tell me something, I am always open to messages and comments. I would love to see your opinion of my work, and any ideas you may have if I do take up that sequel. I will be sure to include them!

To end my ramble off, I would like to thank you again for reading. I hope to continue on Wattpad and if there's anything you'd like to say, like reccomedations and other works I should read, I am very open.

See you later!

~Din_Nayru_Farore~