Chapter 7: Zelda

"What do you think you're doing?" they both shouted at each other in unison. Link caught a glance at the window. It must have been the middle of the night.

"I was asking you what your business here was," Zelda replied first. "But I figured you didn't want to talk about it in front of all the guards," she assumed.

"Why wouldn't I? What did you think I wanted to talk to you about?" Link snapped, rubbing his stinging face.

"You can't fix the mirror. Don't you remember Midna saying only the true leader of the Twili could destroy it? She was the true leader, and the mirror is gone," Zelda stated. Link chuckled.

"The goddesses made the mirror, an ultimate power," Link began. Zelda interrupted him.

"Yes. I know, and now it's gone," Zelda argued.

"But that wasn't the only ultimate power they created."

"...what else?" Link realized that Zelda was somewhat interested.

"The Triforce," Link finally admitted. Zelda opened her mouth to argue again, but closed it after a moment of thought. She searched her mind for an excuse.

"But you defeated Ganondorf. The Triforce of Power returned to Din," Link slowly held his left hand up and turned it so Zelda could see. The two pieces of the Triforce glowed. Zelda's mouth became agape slightly, but she shook her head slightly and closed it.

"You have to be careful, Link. That is the section of the Triforce that-" Link cut her off.

"-Provokes greed. Trust me, I've heard it before. But it obviously isn't just me that wants this." Link stared darkly into Zelda's eyes, trying to get her to realize that she had the same longing for Midna as he does. She looked straight into his eyes defiantly, until Link noticed that hers began to falter and she looked at the ground.

"So, what exactly are you asking?" she said somewhat angrily. She was upset at Link's pushiness.

"We two of us combined have the abilities of the Triforce. We need to find a way to summon the strength out from our spirits and create a physical form of it, so we can touch it and use the power to recreate the Mirror of Twilight." Link was pleased with how perfect his request seemed to come out.

"Do you have any idea on how to summon the power from our spirits?" Zelda inquired hopefully.

"...no," Link replied, "but this castle has quite the library collection, am I correct?" Zelda sighed with disappointment.

"They don't let outsiders in the library," she said. "Just royalty and respected researchers and scientists."

"I'm the Hylia-forsaken Hero of Twilight," Link said with annoyance. "That and you're the princess. Do you have any authority around here?"

"Queen," Zelda stated loudly. Link was confused.

"They crowned you today?" Link asked. Zelda nodded. Link was unsure of the ettiquite for being in the presence of a queen.

"Don't you dare bow," she demanded, even louder that her announcement.

"Shouldn't you, I don't know... be happy?" Link asked quietly, trying to get Zelda to bring her voice down. It worked.

"By no means. They treat me like I have no authority, no strength, no power. They assigned people to do things for me and my only duty as Queen of Hyrule is to show up to parties and look pretty. They draft up these documents and all I'm allowed to do is pretend to read them and sign. I have no idea what has gotten into these fools; except for my decision during the twilight menace." She said calmly, but there was obvious anger in her voice.