Perfect Weapon

"Payton! get down here!" Alessa, My adoptive mom screamed at me. 

Panic rushed through me, What did I do this time? I go through the list in my head:

 I did my chores, made dinner and went to school, so what was it this time? In a hurry I got up, despite knowing that this situation could only go south. 

She hasn't beat me, instead she reminds me that I could have saved my mother and father, and she knows that hurts me more that any punch, kick or slap combined. 

"Yes, Alessa?" I ask politely, trying not to let the sarcasm show too terribly much.

"I got a call from your teacher saying you talked back." She snaps, her lips pursed in to a thin line as if she doesn't want to do what she always does, but her eyes say differently.

 "Why can't you be more like your sister? at least she tried to save your parents! while you stood there watching the house burn, you monster!" She screeched. Sorrow surged through me, she always compared me to my sister, even though she too was crumbled to ash in the fire. "I've told you! I was only eleven! How would I know my parents were trapped in the basement?! How would I know my sister tried to save them?! I couldn't!" I countered.

"You're lying! You stood there in joy as you watched! You knew your sister was trying to be a hero! But you," She sneered. "You've always tried to cause conflict! To ruin my life!" Then, she did something she never dared do before. She raised her hand, reeled back, and slapped me. I was too shocked to avoid it, even though I avoid this kind of thing occasionally at school.

Alessa covered her mouth with her hand, while I broke down crying, holding my jaw. I looked up. "I'm leaving." I scythed. I was probably over reacting  but I truly didn't care.

"Tron! no! please, I'm sorry!" She called as I stormed away. I knew the words were empty, they sounded like it.

"Don't ever use my nick name again." I looked at her, flames dancing behind my eyes before continuing up the stairs.

I threw my wallet, phone, clothes and necessities in a backpack and walked out of the door. "See you on the flip side, Alessa" I reeled, venom dripping off my words as I stood in the doorway, about to leave.

"Please don't do this, Payton, you'll leave me alone. I love you..." She pleaded from the counter in our run down kitchen. But again, I couldn't find authenticity in the words.

"Too late." I said as I walked out the door in a whirlwind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O_____O~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hehehe. I'm going to like writing this book. hehehe

(Not from the author a year in the future. Yeah, you keep saying that. In a month it'll take you half a year to write the last chapter.)