40. a new look

05.25.2017

ella

"I need your opinion," i state as i stand in front of the mirror in my room, i wanna change something about me but i'm not sure what. Tyde lies on my bed and i know he will help me figure out what i should change.

He stands up and walks over to me and stands behind me.

"What should i change?" i ask as i continue to stare at myself.

"What do you mean?" I see him raise an eyebrow in the mirror.

"I've looked the same since i was like 14 and i'm tired of it, so i wanna change something but i don't know what," i explain, it's true that i've looked the same since freshman year, i've never done anything drastic except for the traumatizing 6 months i had straight bangs in the 8th grade. i don't wanna talk about it.

I also dyed the underside of my hair blue in the 7th grade, middle school was clearly rough. But after that i kept my look the same. My hair has been the same length and color since and there really isn't much to do to my face, i already pierced my nose. So it looks like it'll probably be hair related.

"I think your hair would be really pretty at shoulder length, or a little bit above," He runs his fingers through my hair that right now is almost to my bellybutton. i've always had my hair long, cutting it would be a really nice change.

"I knew you would have a good idea, thank you," I turn around to face him with a smile.

"So you're gonna do it?" he seems excited and i kinda am too.

"Yeah, i really need the change. Can you go with me when i do it so i don't back out?" I actually have a plan and this is me throwing him off. He's meeting with a couple of friends to film in like half an hour and i'm going to find a salon to do it on short notice, i'm sure i can figure it out. I wanna surprise him when he gets back.

"Of course," he nods, "I should probably get going so i'm not late meeting Alexis. I'll be back in a few hours, i love you," he kisses me before leaving my room and then soon i hear the door to the apartment shut as well.

It's go time.

I grab my phone off of my bed and sit on the edge. I google salons in la and call around, i get very lucky when the second one tells me they have a spot open in half an hour.

Since it's so short notice i quickly put together a simple outfit and head into the living room, liv is alone and should definitely go with me.

"Do you wanna come with me to chop all of my hair off," i sit down next to her and she turns to me

"Sure, how short are you going?" she's dressed so we can spare a few minutes.

"Like, shoulder, maybe a little higher. I have an appointment in like 20 minutes, we should get going," I stand up and she follows, and then we leave the apartment.