Jeffersons Demise

A/N

Hai! I have decided to add a video of a skater I admires U.S nationals performance to the top of each chapter so the non skating beans can get a better idea of how it works. :) this first one is of Karen Chen.

Jefferson POV

I walk through the airport despondently, dragging my carry on by a single wheel.

I blew it.

After 8 years of blood sweat and tears. 3 years of trophies and medals. And sacrificing my family and friends for skating. I finished 5th in the biggest event I had ever been in. " You blew it Jefferson." I mutter to myself as I enter the food court area.

I almost kept going until something caught my eye. Dunkin Donuts. There's nothing that I love more than a good mango smoothie and box of munchkins. I walk toward the illuminated stand of doughy glazed delight. It was at this point I noticed how empty the airport seemed. Almost like the world wanted me to revel in my sorrow, alone. What better way to weep than surrounded by nothing but gaudy lights and dense shadows.

Box of donut holes in hand and tear streaks down my face, I hail a halfway through my box of munchkins when I feel a buzz from my back pocket. I lick the glaze off my fingers- god, I've really let myself go- and reach for my phone. It was a text from James, seemingly my only supporter at a time such as this

Jemmy: Hey, can you meet me at Arctic Spells? Aaron and I wanna meet up with you. I dunno, maybe talk a little? We could even skate if you're up for it?

I sighed. A rink was the last place I wanted to be right now, but it was Maddi, I couldn't say no to my best friend.

Mac'n'Freeze: Sure.

I step into the foyer and let the cool, icy air envelop my body. I walk up to the front desk and am greeted by a spunky looking young girl with bright blue hair.
" Hello love, what can I do for you?" "Uhhhh can I get a 5-hour session, please?" I said, deciding that if I was going to a rink I might as well make the most of my time there, seeing as this particular one almost never closed.
" Sure thing, that's $30.00,"
She says, almost instantaneously. I hand her three ten dollar bills and as I do she whispers to me,
" Ignore the media, I think your performance at the junior Grand Prix was Amazing."
I smile at her warmly and whisper back a small, "thank you."

I walk into the main rink area and make my way to the cafe. There are only two people left on the ice, but I guess that's expected at 9:28 pm. When I open the door to the small, quaint cafe I'm Immediately tackled by both James And Aaron.

" Thomas!" they both yell simultaneously.

I let out a small chuckle, " Hey Guys."

A.N:

I don't like doing long authors notes so I'll keep this short. Hope you liked this chapter and feel free to comment ant suggestions or improvements. Yeah, BAIIIIIII X3