Ch 5

[Your guide for this chapter:
Y/N= your name
Hgt=height      B/T= body type
S/Tn= skin tone    E/Clr= Eye color

A/N: Hah! Bet y'all weren't expecting a second chapter! Well surprise! I don't own Lookism, enjoy the chapter anyway!]

It was time!... Finally time to begin construction on Buddy's new dog house!... And if Mina thought the first one was bad, she was in for a rude awakening. "She ain't seen nothin' yet", the girl thought evilly as she made her way to the hardware store, pulling a large wagon behind her.

Y/N essentially designed Buddy's house to spite her aunt for selling the previous house without permission. The Hgt girl was happy as she turned the corner only to bump into a wall... No wait, person. She backed up and was met with a familiar, sharp pair of eyes.

It was EunTae... She suddenly felt nervous because he was there during her outburst. "S-sorry", she mumbled as she walked around the large man as she continued on her way. She felt bad, practically ignoring him, not that he talked a lot to begin with.

-Flashback-

"Rule number one of the arena! No running!", Mina shouted pointing at a twelve year old Y/N. "Rule number two! Avoiding and defending against your opponent can only help you for so long!", the woman continued explaining. "Sometimes you've gotta attack when they least expect it, to get results", the woman said getting into a fighting stance.

"B-but aunt Mina... I don't wanna fight you", the girl said timidly. "Sometimes it doesn't matter what we do or don't want, a decision has to be made. You could run away; but who does that really help? Often times we make a decision we don't want to... But it's better than standing around and doing nothing", the woman said.

"In the arena you'll face a lot of people... friend... foe... family. In the end you'll have to fight eventually, the outcome depends on you", the woman gestured to her niece. "But... I know I'm going to lose and you're gonna hurt me", Y/N said.

"Then let every hurt be a lesson. Sometimes you're going to have to face an opponent that seems impossible to beat... But, you won't really know unless you try", the woman explained. "Never cower away! Hold your head high and face your opponent with respect!... No matter the odds", the woman explained getting back into her stance.

-End Flashback-

"Never cower away...", the E/Clr eyed girl thought before turning and running back the way she came. A few moments later she could see EunTae from behind, casually strolling. "E-EunTae!", the girl suddenly shouted making the large man stop.

He turned to look at her as she caught up to him. She stood awkwardly for a moment, she was never really one for confrontation. "Um... I... I'm sorry", she finally said, bowing respectfully. "I'm sorry I yelled at you and everyone else", she began.

"I know everyone was just trying to help me. But, I didn't need someone to hold my hand every step of the way. There's a difference between helping and carrying someone... I don't want to be carried", Y/N explained as the man seemed to listen.

"I just wanted to be treated like everyone else. Not like I'm weak; because I'm not", she explained finally. "I know", the tattooed man spoke suddenly, surprising the girl. "I know you're not weak... I saw it the second you walked into class... You were nervous, but you kept moving forward", EunTae explained.

"You're a good guy. I'm sure Jace will forgive you", EunTae said patting the girl's head. "Hah, thanks", the Hgt girl smiled happily. "So what are you doing?", the large man asked suddenly. "Oh, I was on my way to collect supplies for my project", she began before stopping.

Her E/Clr eyes widened; "My wagon!", she shouted before beginning to run back the direction she came. "I'll see you at school EunTae!", the girl shouted and waved before sprinting off again. The man simply waved at the girl, thinking she was adorable.

Y/N ran all the way back, luckily her wagon hadn't been stolen. The B/T soon made it all the way back to the hardware store and opened the door. "Well, look who it is. And who's your friend?", the man smiled happily as the girl fully entered the store. She looked confused before turning around to see EunTae.

She yelped a bit, not expecting him to follow her. "W-what are you doing here?!", the Hgt girl whispered a bit harshly. "I came to help", he said simply, as though it were obvious. "Um... all right then", the girl muttered as they walked up to the counter.

"We've got your order. Sorry bout last time", the man scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "It's all right", she said as she brought out her wallet. Once she paid for it the man began wheeling out the supplies so she could put it in her wagon.

Y/N began loading everything into the cart as EunTae helped, much to her surprise... He actually just helped! He didn't do everything for her or treat her like she was weak. The Hgt girl was actually thankful for this.

The two began making their way back to Y/N's home with EunTae pulling the wagon. Apparently he just really wanted to pull the wagon. Y/N didn't know people could get that excited over a wagon; it was rather refreshing to see.

They made small talk on their way back learning a bit about one another. It turned out EunTae and Jace had been friends since they were little. It was nice to talk to someone on equal footing for once.

"So they also call you Vasco?... Like Hero Man?", Y/N laughed a bit. "You know Hero Man?", EunTae asked, his eyes shining a bit. Y/N stopped and put her hands above her head in Hero Man's fighting pose. "I'm Hero Man! Standing for justice!~", the girl quoted in the manliest voice she could muster.

EunTae smiled at that; it seemed she did know Hero Man. "Yeah, my aunt used to travel overseas all the time. So she brought me stuff back from all over the world, including Korea!", she explained matter of fact. "One day she brought back a Hero Man comic book. And I ended up becoming a fan", she continued explaining.

Funny enough they began talking about their favorite Hero Man comics and episodes. EunTae was usually nervous around girls; they always seemed nervous around him as well. But Y/N was very nice and kind of reminded him of Jace; like a female Jace.

As they were a few blocks away from her home, Vasco received a message. "Oh, I was supposed to go meet Jace", Vasco mumbled as he looked at his phone. "Oh, sorry for wasting your time. You go ahead", the girl said, taking her wagon back.

The tattooed man shook his head, "You didn't waste my time Y/N. I liked talking to you", Vasco said seriously. The Hgt girl turned away from him to hide her blushing face. "U-um. Well thanks for helping me. You go on and have fun with Jace. I'll see to you at school", the girl waved, still turned away.

Vasco nodded before turning and making his way back to his friend. Y/N was currently in the process of having a mini mental break down as she made her way back to the dojo. "You didn't waste my time Y/N", those words echoed through her mind. No one had ever truly valued her company in a long time.

The Hgt girl couldn't help the smile that made its way to her S/Tn face. Hopefully this would mean that Vasco would be her first friend... Now she had to try and apologize to the rest of the class... Somehow.

[A/N: In case anyone wonders and/or cares. Aunt Mina is very much like Kukaku Shiba from the anime Bleach. Every time I imagine her voice it's from the english dub.]

Builder's Heart and Soul [Vasco X Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara