The second trial

Dedicated to Winona Laura Horowitz

Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz

.

.

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE

Chapter 7: The second trial

.

Hermione, after leaving Neville in the infirmary, decided not to go to her common room and asked her friends to stay with them, which they gladly accepted. Percy, who couldn't stand any more, confessed to the chestnut that they had seen her with the brave Neville; the girl blushed a lot but kept a shy smile.

"How's Neville?" Lydia asked worried.

"He's fine; Madam Pomfrey will surely make him as good as new for tomorrow."

"And you didn't want to stay by his side? Then we can tell you what..."

Hermione interrupted her by nodding her head.

"You know, it was Neville who insisted that I didn't miss the meeting.... this time he was the one who gave me a kiss..."

"YAHOOO Hermione, GO, GO, GO" Percy chuckled as he held his fist and swung it happily in the air.

"Seriously, Hermione, I'm so happy," said Lydia, and proceeded to hug her as if she were her sister.

"How did that asshole Ron look, did he beat him?" the boy asked.

"Well, Neville actually lost."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Percy said, feeling embarrassed.

Hermione shook her head.

"The important thing is not that he won or lost, but that he fought for me... he fought for me!" the girl said with a smile and tears that poked out of her eyes.

"You deserved much better than Ron, it's good that you noticed it," Lydia said, rubbing her friend's arm.

"It's true, Neville is worth twelve times more than Ron," Hermione replied.

.

.

At nightfall, the champions and Percy were in the new tower occupied by the Nekoten, and they planned their strategy. Lydia suggested that all valuables be enchanted to locate them with some spell and attract them with the accio.

"What if they are enchanted like the fake eggs that we had to steal from the dragons?" Cedric said, "the accio did not work with them."

"Then we will mark them and use these mirrors." Lydia showed them some small black mirrors with a woman's handle, "we will use them as radars to locate our precious objects." Harry was impressed, as was Hermione, but they had to explain to Cedric what a radar was.

"You've got it all tied up and very well tied up Lydia," said Cedric, "now let's select the objects that we value most and mark them."

All the friends were happy, it goes without saying that sometimes the best plans don't work...

.

.

Since they had solved the egg enigma, and had plenty of time ahead of them, Lydia, Hermione, Percy and Neville, devoted themselves to finding ways to help the domestic elves with W.E.L.F.A.R.E, which now replaced the unspeakable S.P.E.W. Harry had the perfect excuse not to participate, saying that Ron would not like it and that he wanted to keep the friendship with the redheaded.