Curiosity killed the cat

Dedicated to Winona Laura Horowitz

Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz

.

.

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE

Chapter 8: Curiosity killed the cat

.

Lydia and Percy learned from Hermione that Sirius was at Hogsmeade. The Griffindor, who did not want to be near Ron, joined the Nekoten to look for clues in the school in order to discover who was responsible for everything that happened in the tournament.

First they asked Ayanami Sensei, but she didn't talk much, then they went to Dumbledore, but they still didn't get much out of him, Lydia finally decided to transform herself into a mermaid and decided to talk to the newts, they informed her that the sea ropes that held the squid cage had been sabotaged, and that the squid had been fed with crustaceans that caused him to attack any female in his territory.

.

.

While at Sirius' shelter, Harry and Ron were briefed on Crouch and Karkarov.

"Anyone who practices the dark arts are evil, never forget it."

"But Sirius, Lydia practices the dark arts and is my friend."

"If she were your friend Harry, she wouldn't practice the dark arts."

"Sirius, what are you saying, she was the one who helped you escape, without her we would not have succeeded."

Sirius scratched his head and was somewhat uncomfortable.

"Sirius is right Harry, what if she was who put your name on the goblet and then put Hermione's name on it."

"Ron, don't say that."

"I'm sure, that's how she kills two birds with a single stone, surely the one-who-should-not-be-named told her to put your name on the goblet and also put the name of Hermione, since she is a muggleborn and is not pure blood, I'm sure that the one-who-should-not-be-named wanted to eliminate her for that reason."

"You're unbelievable Ron, how can you believe that about Lydia?"

"Why, you ask me why? It's obvious Harry, she studies dark arts, plus look at her is strange, she's evil."

"You shouldn't judge someone just by their appearance," said smiling Sirius, "but you're right that she can't be trusted one hundred percent."

"She's not evil!" Harry shouted, "Lydia told me that in Japan things are different, you're not good or bad because of the magic you use, but because of the way you use it."

"But before she went to that country she was already practicing the dark arts, didn't she, Harry? Ron said to him with an expression as if he were the wisest being on the planet and that he was absolutely right."

Harry preferred to shut up, he did not want to argue with his friend or his godfather, since whatever he said would not convince them because they were so narrow-minded!

.

.

The days passed and the mystery remained unresolved. Just like last year, Dumbledore had to expand the clock of the Hufflepuff house scores; surely this year would also win the badgers.