Chapter 1

Jamie's P.O.V.

It was first thing in the morning and I was sitting at the back of my photography class while everybody was taking a note. I've already taken the note a few hours before hand so I didn't have to do it. I was drawing a very detailed picture of an angle when my phone buzzed saying that I had a notification. I looked at it and say that I had a message on Instagram, I opened it and saw that Ashley Purdy, the bassist for Black Veil Brides, had messaged me saying:

"hey, I've seen your work and it's honestly fantastic. I would like to meet up with some time soon to talk to you about working for my band and I. Please let me know if you wanna meet up somewhere to talk ~Ashley."

Holy shit man!

I can't believe that somebody famous would want me to work for them. I started typing back "I would love to meet up sometime. I'm in class right now, but I'm free from 11:30 to 12:45, so if you wanna meet then we can" and sent it. He answers right away saying "sounds good. I'll meet you at East side Mario's" (really good restaurant btw) I quickly texted my mom saying that I had an interview this afternoon and she asked me what it was for "I got a message from a guy named Ash, he said that he really liked my photos on Instagram and he wants me to meet him so we can talk about me getting a job of taking photos of him and his band. And if you're wondering, no he's not a creep, he's a nice person" I told her, praying that she agrees to it, when she finally answered, I sighed of relief, "ok, just be careful alright" I smiled as I texted back an "I will."

"

At 11:30, I changed out of my schools uniform and then went outside and got into my black, four door 1967 Chevy Impala and started driving towards East side Mario's, witch was only like a 5 minute drive

At 11:30, I changed out of my schools uniform and then went outside and got into my black, four door 1967 Chevy Impala and started driving towards East side Mario's, witch was only like a 5 minute drive. I looked around and saw Ashley sitting in a booth, I started walking over to him "you must be Ashley?" I asked, already knowing the answer, he stood up "I am. And you must be Jamie?" He said with a smile "I am" I said as I sat down across from him in the booth. A waitress came over with a menu "can I get you something to drink?" She asked with a smile "can I get a root beer please" I said, she nodded her head and walked off. "So I showed the guys your work. They think your really great and we all really want you to work for us. What do you say" he said "I mean you barely know me, you just saw my work you don't even know who I am, I could be a serial killer" I laughed "ok, tell me about yourself then" he said leaning back, as I was about to say something the waitress came back with my root beer "you guys ready to order?" She asked pulling out her note pad "can I have the spaghetti and meatballs please" Ashley asked "yep" the waitress mumbled then looked at me with a smile "I'll have the same thing please" I say handing her my menu. She nodded, took the menus and walked off. "Ok, so what would you like to know about me?" I asked looking back to Ashley "your age, where you're from, do you have siblings, what school do you go to, what music do you like, what bands you like, stuff like that" he said smiling "ok, well. I'm 17 years old. I'm originally from Toronto, Ontario but my family and I moved to L.A. about 8 years ago. I have three sisters, one set of twins aged 6, and there are another set of twins that are 14, a boy and girl. I also have 2 other brothers, aged 17, and 15. I have a 3 year old daughter, her name is Bronwen. I go to West L.A. High and I'm in grade 12. I like a lot of different type of music, but heavy metal the most. I like a bunch of different bands like BMTH, AA, and SWS, but I like your band the most" I said making him aw "and yeah, that's me" I added with a small laugh.