Chapter 3

Jamie's P.O.V.

The next day I was in my cooking class, which was only my second period class of the day, when I got a phone call. "Hello?" I asked "hello, is this Jaime West I'm speaking with?" The voice on the other end said "yes it is. May I ask who I'm speaking with?" I asked as I took the phone out from between my ear and shoulder "yes, my name is Leah, I'm the new day care worker at your daughter's day care and I was just calling to ask if you could come and pick her up?" She told me "why? Is everything alright? Is she ok?" I asked getting worried, "well, I'm not really sure, she just keeps kicking and crying, only saying 'I want my mommy,' we're worried that she's going to start harming the other children here, so could you please come and get her?" Leah asked "um, yeah. I'll be there in 10 minutes" I said hanging up.

I walked over to my teacher and told her what was going on and she said that it was ok that I went a got Bronwen. I pulled into Bronwen's day care I got out and went inside "hi, you must be Jamie, I'm Leah, we talked on the phone" a girl in her early 20's said walking up to me "hi, and yes I'm Jamie, it's nice to meet you. Now I don't mean to sound rude but where's Bronwen? I really need to get back to school" I told her, "Bronwen! Mommy's here!" Leah yelled, a minute later I saw a blonde head running towards me. "Hey princess! Ready to go?" I asked, she nodded her head on my shoulder. "Ok, thank you for calling me" I said looking back at Leah, "it's no problem, have a nice day" she said walking away.

I pulled back into my schools parking lot and got Bronwen out of the car. "Now Bronwen, mommy's still in her classes, ok? So I'm going to need you to try and stay as quiet and still as you can ok?" I said getting down to Bronwen's height before walking back into my cooking class. "Yes mommy" she said quietly, I smiled. I walked back into class and sat her down in my seat and got out some of the paper and crayons that I always carry around out of my bag for her, just in case something like this happens. "Now, just stay here and colour ok? I'll be right over there in the kitchen ok?" I said quietly "ok mommy" she smiled and started to colour.

"Ok Bronwen, it's time to go get some food ok?" I said picking her up and going over to the cafeteria, "what would you like?" I asked "pizza!" She said excitedly, "one cheese pizza please" I said to the lunch lady "here you go Jamie" the lunch lady, Sam, said handing me the pizza "thank you Sam" I said walking away and towards the hall outside of my English class.

"Hey Jamie, who's this?" My teacher, Mr. Roman, asked looking down at Bronwen "this is my daughter Bronwen. Bronwen, could you say hi to Mr. Roman?" I said "hi Mr. Roman" Bronwen smiled. "I'm sorry that she's here. I had to get her earlier this morning and I don't have a sitter so I had to bring her here" I said with really sorry eyes, hoping that he would understand, "it's ok Jamie, just make sure she doesn't disturb anybody when class starts ok?" He asked "ok" I smiled. "Hi Bronwen" all of my friends said "hi" Bronwen said excitedly "Bronwen was having a bad day so she has to hang out with us for the rest of the day" I said so my friends knew why she was there "here's your pizza sweetie" I said putting the pizza in front of her, "thank you mommy" she said taking a bite.

As class started, Bronwen started to fall asleep on my lap, witch I'm great full for because she really needed one. But as Mr. Rowan stopped talking and told everybody to start working Bronwen woke up because of the noise the class was making. I groaned internally. Well, it was nice while it lasted. As I was trying to do my work Bronwen kept poking my cheek, "Bronwen, honey, please stop. I'm trying to work" I said pulling her finger away from my head "sorry mommy" she whispered "it's ok sweet pea" I said with a small smile and kissed her head.

The day was finally over. Thank god! I put Bronwen in her car seat, then got into the drivers seat and started the car. I looked into my rear view mirror and saw Bronwen was looking out the window. "So, would you like to tell me why you made me leave school today to come and get you or no?" I said pulling up to a red light, she didn't say anything. "Bronwen Elisabeth! Tell me right now or you're going to be in serious trouble" I said raising my voice, and made pulling into an empty parking lot and turned around to look at her. "Because I didn't want to be at day care today. I wanted to be with you" she said quietly, not making eye contact. "Bronwen, mommy's at school all day and I can't just drop everything to come and pick you up so we play with each other" I said in a sad tone. "I know, I'm sorry" she said finally looking at me "I accept your apology Bronwen. But you are still in trouble. You're not allowed to watch any of your TV shows or play on any electronics for the next week ok?" I told her sternly "yes mommy" she replies, quietly looking out the window again.

I knew that when I first got pregnant with Bronwen that it would be hard to be a single, 14 year old mom that is still in high school. But I knew that it would be even harder she started getting a little older and she wanted to spend all of her time with me.I pulled into the drive way of the house and turned off the car. I looked at Bronwen and saw her peacefully sleeping in her car seat, I smiled. I got out of the car and walked around to the other side of the car to get Bronwen out and brought her inside. "Hey honey, how was school today?" My dad asked as I walked into the living room and sat Bronwen down on the love seat and than I sat down on the recliner, "it was long. Bronwen threw a tantrum at day care today so I had to leave school so I could go and get her and had to keep her at school with me all day" I sighed as I rubbed my head slowly, "why did she throw a tantrum? She never throw's tantrums?" he questioned/stated, "I know. That's the thing, she's always been the good kid who's never thrown a tantrum once. I've even taught her not to throw them, I just don't know what happened. I mean, she told me that it's because she wants to spend more time with me so she threw a tantrum just so she could be with me today" I sighed again as I looked at my sleeping child that is peacefully laying across the couch that's on the other side of the room, "I just don't know what I'm going to do if she starts doing this all the time. I can't let my daughter start acting like a spoiled rich kid" I admitted softly "then don't let her start acting like a spoiled rich kid. If she does, then tell her that not everything should revolve around her" dad told me with a smile, "thanks dad. I think I'm going to take Bronwen up to our room so she can sleep in her bed" I said as I got up and carefully picked Bronwen up off the couch and started bringing her up to our room.

Once I got up to my room I placed Bronwen on her bed, then I took a seat on my own bed across the room from hers.