4

Snowflakes fell softly, landing on the boy as he stood under the streetlight. His hands were shoved in his pockets as he stared at the cars driving past. His face was numb from standing in the cold for so long. He sighed out, his breathe coming out in a cloud as he dug around his pocket for his phone. He pulled it out holding it so he could the time.

7:13pm it read earning another sigh out of the boy. Fifty minutes had passed and he was still waiting. His legs and body hurt from standing in the same place for so long. His exposed skin going numb from the cold. Huffing, he shoved his phone back in pocket and turned on his heel, heading to go into one of the stores surrounding him for warmth. He knew if he didn't hear from her soon enough, he would have to walk home yet again.

Wonpil wasn't sure why he even bothered at this point. All he was, was forgotten. His own mother forgot about his existence on a daily basis. He would wait for hours on end just for her to acknowledge and remember that he asked to be picked up from the library. He knew he would just end up waiting, so he didn't understand why he would keep asking her if she could pick him up. During the warmer months he didn't mind, but since the seasons turned and he's freezing daily, he just wishes she would remember. He wasn't particularly fond of walking forty minutes home in the freezing weather of the winter.

He shook his head, taking his hat off as he entered a small shop. His body consumed by warmth the moment he stepped inside. Wonpil looked around the small shop, taking notice of the small candy display next to the entrance. He found himself rubbing his hands together as he walked further into the small shop. It was a bakery, he realized as he took in the layout of it.

"Welcome! How can I help you?" A cashier greeted once they realized Wonpil was in the building. A smile was painted on their face, as they stared at the boy. Wonpil coughed slightly, his eyes scanning over the board, trying to remember how much money he had on him. He pulled out his wallet, counting the few bills he had on him, barely enough for a hot chocolate, so that's what he got in hopes to warm himself up. The cashier smiled and accepted his money, promising to have his order ready soon.

Wonpil smiled and went to sit at a table next to the window. His hat laying on the table in front of him as he stared out the window watching people and cars pass by. "Wonpil! Didn't expect to see you here, I thought you left the area when you left the library!" A voice shocked him, making him tear his eyes away from the outside world.

There stood Dowoon beaming as he shook snow off of his jacket. Wonpil frowned slightly at the younger boy. He didn't expect to see him again yet alone interact with him. "Yeah. Uh my moms running late I guess." Wonpil said adding a forced laugh to his word to hide his discomfort at the entire situation.

"Ah that sucks, would you like a ride home? I can try and convince my dad to drop you off." Dowoon asked smiling, pulling out the chair opposite of Wonpil. Wonpil just shook his head. He'd rather have where he lives and how he lives a secret from people. He'd only get harassed more if people found out. Dowoon frowned slightly but didn't protest, afraid of scaring the boy off more than he already had.

"So tell me about yourself." Dowoon said making Wonpil squirm slightly.

~~~~
I'm so bad at updating this oh my god I'm sorry