Chapter Five: Tribute Training

(Hi guys, sorry it's another long chapter :s. It'll hopefully be the last one so please bear with it. Also it's about two thirds the length of the reaping chapter, so it isn't that long)
~~
MONDAY
(Daisy Kerem's (District Ten) P.O.V)
I scoff down my breakfast, and Nick looks at me. I grin, and he laughs.
"What is it??" Kathy, our escort, asks me.
"Nothing, I'm just hungry" I say.
Kathy scoffs, and then tells us "Well hurry up, everyone's going to be at training soon!"

We jump into the elevator and press the 'T' button. Like every other year, the training centre is underneath the hotel. As we pass District Seven's floor, the door open, and Jeanne Vigil and Clive Normandi step in. They smile at us, and we smile back at them. The next time the doors open, District Five's 'lovebirds', Vida Amenta, and Isaac Scales. Then District One's Velvet Amboni and Jake Niklace walk in. I shift uncomfortably - there's obvious tension in the elevator. Jace and Velvet are vying against Vida and Isaac to be the Capitol's favourite couple. In my own opinion, Jace and Velvet's relationship seems more likely to be real, as they are at an age most people start dating. The doors open for the final time, at the training centre, and everyone steps out.

Once all the other tributes arrive, ending with District Eleven, a woman addresses us, "Hello tributes, and welcome to the training centre. In this area, you will be able to train and prepare yourself for your games. There will be no physical combat with other tributes, you will have time for that in your games. A piece of advice from me to all of you, don't just work on throwing spears or shooting arrows, work on some survival habits, normally, most tributes after the Cornucopia battle will die of natural causes." The lady finishes her speech, and then lets us roam the room.

(Alana Jalisi's (District Two) P.O.V)
Slate and I meet up with Velvet, Jace, Ariella and Finbar, and we walk briskly towards the axes section. We laugh and joke, and Jace steps up to throw first. There are fifteen or so dummies for practice, and fifteen axes laid out next to him. He slowly picks one up, and then there is a beep, and one of the dummies starts moving, impossibly fast, then all the others do. Jace throws one axe, hurls another, throws one on either side of him, then two in front of him, he hurls one up in the air, throws all the remaining axes at random dummies, and then catches the axe he threw up, throwing it straight away, and taking the only 'living' dummy left. The axe flies through the air, and then the dummy loses its head. As we look at all the other dummies, we noticed that they all are either plunged into a dummy's head, or heart, right on target. Then, we start to clap and cheer. That was impressive work! I looked around to see if any other tributes were watching, hoping that we could intimidate them.

(Daphnie Scorno's (District Six) P.O.V)
Kye and I finally finish building a fire, and we grin at each other. We walk up to a climbing net, and the instructor scatters little clips all over the net, which stretches up to the roof. Kye and I race each other up the net, and each grab as many clips as we can. Once we decide that there is no more clips left up there, we come down.

The instructor counts how many clips we grabbed, and declared that Kye wins by five clips. I smile at him, and we practically skip towards the knives section, to try out a weapon for once. I pick up a knife, and throw it lazily at a dummy. It hits it right in the bullseye in the chest. Wow! First time lucky! I pick up another knife, look at the dummy's head, and the knife plunges into its bullseye. The bullseye on the dummy next to it. I shake my head, and the instructor helps me focus on my aim. Soon enough, I am able to hit the target consistently - the right target as well. I see Kye having little succession, and try to teach him how to throw a knife properly. Though, I fail miserably, he just couldn't seem to grasp it, and left dozens of knives scattered on the floor.

Kye requests me to show him an ambush simulated, in which you are surrounded by twelve dummies. I step inside it, and the dummies close around me. I grab a knife, spin around, and cut a dummy's throat. The dummy topples. I then throw a knife under my arm behind me, which hits a dummy near the heart. That dummy topples. I then proceed to cut at heads and chests as the simulator continues. By the end, almost all the dummies were lying on the ground. I look up, and notice that not only is Kye looking awestruck at me, but everyone is. If only my twin sister, Elizabeth, could see me now!